5 minutes ago, ItsBrian said:

I personally found it extremely easy to fill out, and it took me little time. The only time it repeats is some things from the proposal is in the final report.

It was a pain emailing and sometimes loading but it worked.

Ive done it within the past 4-5 months so it’s pretty recent.

You may be in the minority here. But there seems to be a correlation with age.  Are you an adult or youth? 

Edited by CherokeeScouter
  • Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Magical stuff. I am just old enough to have to write a thesis on a typewriter. But it was electric and had an auto-correct tape feature. You have no idea what you missed. In grade school I just l

Does anyone know if folks from  National follow this site?  Here's the deal: It is time for BSA to seriously consider reformatting the Eagle Project Workbook. As an English major, a professional

Let's blow some minds: why .pdf at all? When we (as in nearly every government-funded research project in the country) does a progress report, we do it free-form, often with a specific page limit

1 hour ago, CherokeeScouter said:

That's interesting because that is the age group having the toughest time. Maybe  they need to  slow or maybe you are really smart, which you probably are. :)

You don’t need to be smart to fill out paperwork.

You need to be determined and put effort and you can accomplish it.

On 1/10/2018 at 9:29 AM, Back Pack said:

The only issue is that bsa does not require sign off in the plan so many guys I know wrote them after their project. What good is that. 

I agree that this happens a lot. The plan section of the workbook is actually optional (but strongly suggested). You can’t be flunked on your Eagle BOR for using a different planning method.

When sitting on EBORs, there is limited time to read the submitted materials so we typically focus on the proposal and the final report only.

In my view, the main purpose of the plan section is to force the Scout to think through the details of executing his proposal. I recognize  that the plan section is cumbersome and clumsy. I have no problem at all if a Scout chooses a different format for his plan.

Edited by gblotter
On 1/11/2018 at 12:09 PM, NJCubScouter said:

There is a regular member of this forum who has identified himself as the head of health and safety for the BSA.  Whether he brings ideas mentioned in this forum to the people at National who are responsible for that area, I don't know.

I should mention that I see the hands of BSA legal department all over the Eagle workbook. I have no doubt that BSA lawyers have contributed much to make the workbook cumbersome, and for that reason improvements are unlikely.

• Upvote 1