Continueing Challenges of Adults Interfering....

I should have realized that the annual planning conference would not go right when several adults complained about the date and time set by the SPL. the 2 adults involved are both ASMs and have sons on the PLC. The moved up time didn't give that much heads up. Grant you the process started before the Christmas holidays, but the Scouts were not fully prepared. So the SM and 2 ASMs ended up taking over. Didn't get a chance to talk to the SM or one ASM about the situation. Did get a chance to talk to one though. HE saw no problem jumping in and getting involved since the Scouts weren't prepared. Doesn't understand the concept of letting them fail in order to learn.

At least The PLC has a scheduled meeting for next month. in the past they only did 2 a year, and one was the APC.

• Sad 1

One doesn't need to learn life lessons if adults are always going to be there to bail them out.  It works until they get out on their own and have no idea how rough things can be when they're walking the tight rope with no net.

• Upvote 1

When me and my son joined  our troop they did not do a real PLC meeting for over a year. We now have them monthly. They are always held the first troop meeting after an outing. The PLC meets while the quartermaster and patrol quartermasters have the rest of the boys clean gear and restock. 

• Upvote 1