Cub Girl Uniform

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

"blue and gold" are the colors of the Cub Scouts.  The "Pack" and the "wolf" are at the center of the "Cub Scouts".  Changing Wolves to red is foolish.  Make the lions red.  

Or maybe a Scout is thrifty and we go back to everyone, except the Webelos, wearing a yellow neckerchief and hat?... Just sayin'...

I think one fear traditionalists have is National will treat lasses differently than the lads. Take heart! This is proof that National Supply can provide ugly and poorly functional items for ALL scout

Posted Images

1 hour ago, WonderBoy said:

Or maybe a Scout is thrifty and we go back to everyone, except the Webelos, wearing a yellow neckerchief and hat?... Just sayin'... ;)

Issue is with large packs.  I have 80 Scouts  and would like to direct them to their den line for various reasons.  Neckerchief color is a great way to quickly and easily see a “lost” scout.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1
11 minutes ago, Eagle1993 said:

Issue is with large packs.  I have 80 Scouts  and would like to direct them to their den line for various reasons.  Neckerchief color is a great way to quickly and easily see a “lost” scout.

Not to be dismissive or snide, but that's an adult problem. And in my (however limited) experience, the "average" Pack is probably closer to 40 kids or less. What I worry about is the kids (OK, the parents) having to spend an additional $37.96 per year (at current Scout Shop pricing) on a hat, slide, neckerchief, and (maybe) belt buckle every year. I personally don't feel there's $37.96 in "value added" by having kids switch those out every year. Boy Scouts (soon to be "Scouts, BSA!") certainly don't change out anything with every year they're active. Or with every Rank they achieve. Why do we think this is necessary for Cub Scouts? Other than paying our designated tithe to the Scout Shop...

48 minutes ago, WonderBoy said:

Not to be dismissive or snide, but that's an adult problem. And in my (however limited) experience, the "average" Pack is probably closer to 40 kids or less. What I worry about is the kids (OK, the parents) having to spend an additional $37.96 per year (at current Scout Shop pricing) on a hat, slide, neckerchief, and (maybe) belt buckle every year. I personally don't feel there's $37.96 in "value added" by having kids switch those out every year. Boy Scouts (soon to be "Scouts, BSA!") certainly don't change out anything with every year they're active. Or with every Rank they achieve. Why do we think this is necessary for Cub Scouts? Other than paying our designated tithe to the Scout Shop...

Agreed on the cost.  We, the pack, hand down neckerchiefs den by den.  The pack buys extras when needed but for the most part we already have enough inventory.  We don’t use hats or worry about specific belt buckles.  We use jeans for pants as the Cubscout pants are made for giants.   

When our dens advance we perform a neckerchief ceremony... which is pretty simple.  Our Tigers take off their necker and place it on the Lions... and that continues.  So far we are sticking with the yellow wolf neckerchiefs but we will probably change this fall when Lions have yellow neckerchiefs.

• Like 1
5 hours ago, Eagle1993 said:

Agreed on the cost.  We, the pack, hand down neckerchiefs den by den.  The pack buys extras when needed but for the most part we already have enough inventory.  We don’t use hats or worry about specific belt buckles.  We use jeans for pants as the Cubscout pants are made for giants.   

When our dens advance we perform a neckerchief ceremony... which is pretty simple.  Our Tigers take off their necker and place it on the Lions... and that continues.  So far we are sticking with the yellow wolf neckerchiefs but we will probably change this fall when Lions have yellow neckerchiefs.

Nah - you don't need to spend that money every year.

The pack should buy new neckerchiefs for every scout.  Make it part of the program.  Add in $10 to the dues at the beginning of the year.  Don't require the hat.  Each den should make their own neckerchief slides.

The scouts buy one belt buckle when they start cubs, one when they get the tan uniform.

16 hours ago, ParkMan said:

Nah - you don't need to spend that money every year.

The pack should buy new neckerchiefs for every scout.  Make it part of the program.  Add in $10 to the dues at the beginning of the year.  Don't require the hat.  Each den should make their own neckerchief slides.

The scouts buy one belt buckle when they start cubs, one when they get the tan uniform.

I regret buying my son the Tiger belt buckle. I have no idea if any of the other Tigers in his den are wearing the Tiger buckle or not. There should be one buckle type for Cub Scouts. 

Same with the neckerchief slide. It's just wasteful to change it every year. 

• Upvote 1

I didn't bother with the Tiger buckle - went straight to the Cub one.  I agree on the slides as well.  I'm looking at making woggles out of paracord this summer for my Pack.  Plenty of color options if you want to customize them.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1