Cub Girl Uniform

My mom is actually trying to find one of the old blue Cub barets; she's the Wolf Den Leader in my Pack and it's the only hat she actually likes (she won't wear the ball caps and thinks the lady's Garrison hat makes her look like a stewardess). But they never show up on eBay or Etsy ... Anybody know where to find one? She insists it be official, no knock-offs, which makes it tricky. She actually doesn't know I am on the look out for one; I am hoping to surprise her for Mother's Day.

Edited by The Latin Scot
  • Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

"blue and gold" are the colors of the Cub Scouts.  The "Pack" and the "wolf" are at the center of the "Cub Scouts".  Changing Wolves to red is foolish.  Make the lions red.  

Or maybe a Scout is thrifty and we go back to everyone, except the Webelos, wearing a yellow neckerchief and hat?... Just sayin'...

I think one fear traditionalists have is National will treat lasses differently than the lads. Take heart! This is proof that National Supply can provide ugly and poorly functional items for ALL scout

Posted Images

• 1 month later...

I don't get the need for the skort at this time, other than as a prop for marketing photos. Which, by the way, they seem to be adding more of to the BSA Brand Center site. 

Those red neckerchiefs look pretty darn sharp. Hoping they'll be rolled out to scout shops in time for the fall, so my Wolf den can wear them. 

AU0I4891.jpg

Edited by FireStone
23 minutes ago, Thunderbird said:

@qwazse It's difficult to tell with only a partial side view, but I think it might be the Cascade Pacific Council patch.

You sir are correct. Here is a link to the marketing group photos.

http://tidewaterbsa.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/03/

Scout with glasses original photo. Another Scout in above photo shoot.

AU0I7030-1391x1800.jpg

• Thanks 1

Wow, the girl in the last pic looks exactly like my niece!

Frankly though, I still prefer the yellow neckerchief with the Cub Scout uniform, although I do understand the convenience of establishing uniformity with all the color schemes.

• Like 1
  • 5 weeks later...
On 1/19/2018 at 4:08 PM, Tampa Turtle said:

I think the logic is some girls want to DO the same things as boys but not BE boys. Therefore some accommodation of the uniform may be needed and ,while I wish scouts had remained male only, an altogether reasonable step. Equality of program and opportunity should not equate to exactness of the cut of clothing; especially when we have older female scouts. 

Not any worse than changing some of the kerchief colors IMHO.

The Military has male and female members and their are variations in female versions of gear and clothing. 

this. 

On 4/22/2018 at 12:27 AM, The Latin Scot said:

Wow, the girl in the last pic looks exactly like my niece!

Frankly though, I still prefer the yellow neckerchief with the Cub Scout uniform, although I do understand the convenience of establishing uniformity with all the color schemes.

"blue and gold" are the colors of the Cub Scouts.  The "Pack" and the "wolf" are at the center of the "Cub Scouts".  Changing Wolves to red is foolish.  Make the lions red.  

Edited by Gwaihir
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Downvote 1
17 hours ago, Gwaihir said:

I don't think it's foolish at all. Pretty smart, actually. Wolves have been the only rank that has the primary "brand" colors of Cub Scouts as their rank colors. Now we have blue and gold as the overall Cub Scout colors, and we distinguish all ranks individually with their own unique colors. Wolves now have a rank color that is truly unique to them, they're not sharing colors with the whole pack. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Wolf patch has been red as far back as I can remember.  It was always confusing why each patch color matched the neckerchief except Wolf (and perhaps Webelos).  With introduction of Lions the change makes sense.

And I agree that they should change the neckerchief to red to match the traditional/current color of the patch.  Today is confusing for some parents ... I have had some question the yellow neckerchief color.   I was never a fan of the Wolf mix of colors (yellow hat/necker but red patch). Today we have

• Lions     Yellow Patch, No Necker
  • Tigers    Orange Patch, Orange Necker
  • Wolves   Red Patch, Yellow Necker
  • Bears     Blue Patch, Blue Necker
  • Webelos   Tan/Blue Patch, Plaid Necker w/Webelos Logo

Future we will have:

• Lions    Yellow Patch, Yellow Necker
  • Tigers    Orange Patch, Orange Necker
  • Wolves   Red Patch, Red Necker
  • Bears     Blue Patch, Blue Necker
  • Webelos  Tan Patch, Plaid Necker w/Webelos Logo

Seems to make sense.  Understand that transitions will take time and we should allow those to use up their old uniforms/patches.  That said, having patches, hat, necker & book colors align makes those aspects of the program easier to communicate to families new to BSA.

This isn't life or death or really that critical, but I can completely see where National is coming from with this change.

• Upvote 2