Cub Girl Uniform

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

"blue and gold" are the colors of the Cub Scouts.  The "Pack" and the "wolf" are at the center of the "Cub Scouts".  Changing Wolves to red is foolish.  Make the lions red.  

Or maybe a Scout is thrifty and we go back to everyone, except the Webelos, wearing a yellow neckerchief and hat?... Just sayin'...

I think one fear traditionalists have is National will treat lasses differently than the lads. Take heart! This is proof that National Supply can provide ugly and poorly functional items for ALL scout

Posted Images

20 minutes ago, Tampa Turtle said:

I feel a "Skort Patrol" somewhere in '19.

That will be our PLC ... not the BSA4G group ... just our boys ... and they'll add the beret.

SMH dreading the day.

• Haha 1

At the daycamp I worked at there was around maybe 5 girls (?). Anyway, everyone was required to wear either BSA shorts or something similar (because you all know if we bought 4 pairs of shorts it would be our salary for the summer :laugh:), and everyone single one of them loved all of the pockets & everything.

• Upvote 1
  • 2 weeks later...

How was this on anyone's priority list of "important things to do in order to roll out a girls' program"? 

This also kind of hurts the argument I and others have made that girls want the same program, unchanged, and then the first thing we get is a changed uniform for girls. 

• Like 1

I think the logic is some girls want to DO the same things as boys but not BE boys. Therefore some accommodation of the uniform may be needed and ,while I wish scouts had remained male only, an altogether reasonable step. Equality of program and opportunity should not equate to exactness of the cut of clothing; especially when we have older female scouts. 

Not any worse than changing some of the kerchief colors IMHO.

The Military has male and female members and their are variations in female versions of gear and clothing. 

• Upvote 1
17 hours ago, EmberMike said:

How was this on anyone's priority list of "important things to do in order to roll out a girls' program"? 

This also kind of hurts the argument I and others have made that girls want the same program, unchanged, and then the first thing we get is a changed uniform for girls. 

This could be the same argument for when Woman joined as leaders.  Why did they have Den Mother dresses, and Yellow Den Leader shirts, and now women fit shirts, pants and skits for adult leadership?

As big as an organization BSA, I'm sure National Supply has their own department to focus on uniforming.

• Upvote 2
On 1/5/2018 at 9:45 AM, Eagle94-A1 said:

BSA use to sell skorts for female Scouters. They were not popular at all, and hated counting them when doing end of year inventories. So glad when they got rid of them.

Only lady I saw who wanted a skirt or dress was my wife. And that was only because she HATES the tan and green uniform, and didn't like the old Yellow and Blue one. When she saw the 1950s/60 Den Mother's dress, she fell in love.

Otherwise she wants her Venturing green and grey.

What about yellow and green?

womens uniform 1.jpg

• 1 month later...