Scout led - to trust or to over ride?

15 hours ago, TAHAWK said:

Speaking only of Boy Scouting, such a  PL might benefit from training on the role of adults in program.  Being a resource is not inconsistent with youth leadership. 

BSA is an entirely other issue, with registered  adult "supervision" every minute being mandated.

I agree, there's nothing wrong with using adults as a resource, in this case though I'm really pleased with her having the confidence to chose her own path and be confident in it even when offered alternatives.

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Interesting little update on this. We made this girl a PL in the end. She’s needed a bit of mentoring, has had the odd hiccup, but generally has grown into the job. Worth remembering that the sco

As Tahawk says, the patrol system runs a bit differently here. Ultimate call does rest with the SL albeit they give as much responsibility to the scouts as possible. The view of the forum is simply to

I don't think you should override the youth decision in this case without actual evidence, either from her prior behavior or their prior judgement that the decision is necessarily a poor one. I w