RememberSchiff

Ireland seeks Eagle now before she ages out

15 hours ago, NJCubScouter said:

"Some might say" that, but I think they would be incorrect.  I am not a huge fan of the "down arrow" and I don't think I have ever used it on purpose (under the old software I gave accidental arrows in both directions, and you couldn't change it.)  But the use of the down arrow does NOT imply an "attack" on a person or group. 

Well since there's not definition of what the down arrow means, I suspect most people will take it as an affront (see what happened above as an example) if it is used. So, yes, one could argue that it is un-scout-like given there's no clear definition as to what it means. I didn't say it was an "attack" on anyone, those are your words. I merely said it could be construed as un-kind, ergo un-scout-like. 

I have only used it once or twice and in the manner you suggest...to disagree with someone. Though usually if I disagree I will simply quote the person (as I am doing now) and state my disagreement. I don't feel the need to "neg rep" them, which is what many might take that down arrow to mean. That's actually what it means in most other fora.

OK, following a train of thought here.

if Down Arrow = un-kind but un-kind is not verboten, then un-kind is not verboten, which means water guns are ok!

I move that we settle this and all future disputes a 20 paces with Super Soakers!

Can I get a second?

• Upvote 1

Ah but the down arrow gives the user that little shot of endorphin-vengeance for a split second. Hard to give that up!

To follow up on the less satisfying metaphorical super soakers on the Forum does that mean I can go back to singing the 'little teapot song' again?