5 minutes ago, Stosh said:

Yeah, I hear you on the pride issue.  But I find it easy to swallow that pride when I'm trying to help out the boys.  At least that's the self-justification I feed myself.  I do find that the older I get the easier it is to take a pass on the pride issue.  I ain't 17 anymore, it's been a while.

If its helping me on the trail or in the canoe I take the help as my wife has threatened me to take them up on it.

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I finally found the official BSA rules on hammocks: https://www.ncsbsa.org/resources/general_files/Home/Program Director/680-055_SafetyHammocks_WEB.pdf I'll just leave this here...

I would think not a problem ... for a Turtle. 

Old fat middle aged men struggling to get our of a hammock look remarkably like a turtle trapped on his back....anything for the enjoyment of the lads.

On 12/13/2017 at 3:24 PM, Cambridgeskip said:

I occasionally hammock.

One night the wind shifted round to be at right angles to the hammock. I ended up getting sea sick from the swaying!

Weird thing is I don't actually get sea sick at sea.

My Hennessey has tie outs on the side of both the hammock and rainfly to minimize this.  Never been through a severe storm to test the limits of this, but my guess is that such a storm would be bad enough to affect anything less than a 4 season tent as well. 

Edited by The Blancmange
40 minutes ago, The Blancmange said:

My Hennessey has tie outs on the side of both the hammock and rainfly to minimize this.  Never been through a severe storm to test the limits of this, but my guess is that such a storm would be bad enough to affect anything less than a 4 season tent as well. 

Yes I tied down the ties outs with hiking poles, canted the tarp into the wind (more like a wing) and hung it closer to the ground.