Samaritan and community step in after thieves...steal from Scouts

IMHO, somewhere in the first lesson of adult leader training there should be a rule.

Thieves steal from scouts anytime, anyplace. It's so easy. Be vigilant,  protect your scouts, protect your assets.

This story from Portland, OR is another example but with

a local contractor coming to the rescue, 

a fundraiser - "This is how our troop pays for the entire program throughout the year. Our boys don't pay for summer camp they have to earn their way to summer camp",  Troop 351 Scoutmaster Mike Benson

the Governor stops by, 

the community responds and sales pick up

and perhaps a girl Boy Scout interviewed.  :eek:  She was working the fundraiser and appeared to be wearing scout pants.

http://www.kgw.com/life/holidays/samaritan-steps-in-after-grinch-steals-from-portland-boy-scouts/498150606

On 12/9/2017 at 8:47 AM, RememberSchiff said:

and perhaps a girl Boy Scout interviewed.  :eek:  She was working the fundraiser and appeared to be wearing scout pants.

http://www.kgw.com/life/holidays/samaritan-steps-in-after-grinch-steals-from-portland-boy-scouts/498150606

They may be scout pants, or maybe khaki convertible pants are just common in Oregon.

The troop website doesn't give much indication that they're anything other than a standard Catholic Parish chartered troop.

I do like this way they explain advancement to new scouts: "Advancement is an important part of scouting, but it isn’t everything.  Though there are no advancement requirements to our members, we do expect Scouts to participate in the program being offered.  Enjoy the experience, learn some skills, and advancement will come naturally."

It's the last line I like best, I'm going to borrow that.

• Upvote 1