Forum Updated - Feedback/Bugs/Errors?

• Administrators

Hi folks!

Today, we have upgraded the forum software from the outdated version to the latest stable release. Unlike the old forum version, this new version is feature-rich, security hardened with automated anti-spam, more professional, with the ability to integrate numerous add-ons/services, and is built on the contemporary HTML5/CSS3 framework. It is also fully responsive to media devices (PC/Tablet/Mobile).

Please be patient, but explore the new software and let us know how you like (or dislike) new features. Some of these things may just take some getting used to, other items we can continue to improve (or change). 

Please use this thread to post your feedback and/or any bugs or errors detect - we'll have developers monitoring this thread.

Thanks!

• Thanks 3
  • Confused 1
  • Upvote 1
  • Administrators

Re: concerns over "responsive" design on mobile

The new mobile interface is generally much easier to navigate. However, if you prefer to view standard web page interface while on your mobile device, you can achieve by "requesting desktop version" as a setting in your browser (this is a standard checkbox in the settings of Chrome and most browsers).

• Like 1
5 hours ago, SCOUTER-Terry said:

...and is built on the contemporary HTML5/CSS3 framework.

HTML 5?  Back in my day we only had HTML 1, and we were happy to have it!  And we walked to school, uphill, both ways!  Not like these kids today, I'll tell you...

:)

• Haha 2
7 hours ago, SCOUTER-Terry said:

The new mobile interface is generally much easier to navigate. However, if you prefer to view standard web page interface while on your mobile device, you can achieve by "requesting desktop version" as a setting in your browser (this is a standard checkbox in the settings of Chrome and most browsers).

Mind=blown!

viva la desktop site!

It would be nice if the header on the page would lock so that one doesn't have to scroll all the way back to the top to select new posts off the menu.  Most software have the menus lock.  It's always been a pain to get back to new posts, etc.

Still kicking the tires but definitely an improvement. I particularly like the new up,down, haha, confused, sad voting system and the ability to change your vote.

Visually pleasant on pc and particularly cell where I was previously resizing windows and fonts.  Moderator control has still not been centralized onto one screen.

Under Browse Tab:  I don't know if there is a need for  Leaderboard and Calendar. I posted a Calendar event.

Under Feed Tab: Search HUUUUGE improvement and it looks like long  past content (to 2004?) has been restore and nicely formatted. Nicely Done!

All for now. Thanks for the software update.

RS

If someone is Banned or pegged as a Spammer why aren't they immediately logged out?

Edited by RememberSchiff

Maybe the system only checks on a periodic basis to update who is logged in and who is not.  So maybe you stay on the list for 30 seconds, or a minute, or longer.  Those are just wild guesses, I don't really know how this stuff works but I know that changes in a computer system are not always reflected instantaneously.

• 5 months later...

This old fart is just getting used to the new features.  But I really like the feedback options and the 'recent posts' area.  I'm able to stay current with much less hunting around. (Fewer CPU cycles on your end.)

Now if I can figure out how to quote multiple selections from different pages, I'll become a verbal warrior from Hades. 

Thank you.

JoeBob