Happy to be here.

Hi Everyone

It seems like the appropriate comment here is long time listener, first time caller.  I appreciate all of the helpful tips and comments that I have read through in the past and am hopeful that I can add to the conversations going forward.

I'm currently a Troop, District and Council level volunteer in Northern Illinois.  I actually have no kids in the program myself.  I am simply trying to give back to the program that gave me so much as a youth.  

• Upvote 2

+1

I wish I read sentences like this more often on this forum.

Thank you for giving back!

It’s not right if you don’t give back after all the previous volunteers have given you. I understand once you get eagle you usually attend college, but you can still volunteer after you graduate. There is already someone in my troop who is close to eagle (needs only signatures to finalize post project and EBOR), but hasn’t showen up to a single meeting or camping trip (he lives across the street from the charter, no joke) and his younger brother (first class?) still comes weekly. The committee is giving him a extremely tough time for zoning out of the troop, also remember that he isn’t eagle yet and is only 15.

Sad people leave troops soon after they get eagle. Everyone needs to replace someone at some point and current scouters should do that to give back.