yeah, i agree with the idea "don't do one den"

If an equal split, that means 9 scouts and 10 scouts....even those numbers are too big for a den

but I can understand not going all the way down to three dens....in case some of those boys are less active..... at 6 scouts the group is starting to get dependent on everyone showing up for there to be enough to have fun, form the "gang", den spirit, and all of that....

Now I can see doing some joint ventures sometimes, or on a campout when one of you can't make it the other could "fill in"....but generally I do not think it good to treat it as one den.  Just too big.

And that's not even getting into your overlying "too many Chiefs" issue!

Boy, he sure has a lot of nerve for someone who is only a fourth generation Texan.

I did some genealogy and I could only trace my Texan roots to about 1835... now, I wonder why I can't find records prior to that ;)

OP, I feel your pain. I think the best advice that you are going to get out of this is what SSScout said. take his input as him being helpful, modify as needed, and scout on. 

I did some genealogy and I could only trace my Texan roots to about 1835... now, I wonder why I can't find records prior to that ;)

OP, I feel your pain. I think the best advice that you are going to get out of this is what SSScout said. take his input as him being helpful, modify as needed, and scout on. 

Maybe it's because Texas didn't exist prior to March 2, 1836.   :)

We have 19 signed up and one of those has already bailed for sure. I think we are only going to have 11 maybe 12 active. There are no Asst DLs. One guy that signed up asked in front of the whole group to the CM "if y'all are here anyway why don't you run the meeting?" (Whole pack has den meetings at the same time at the Scout Hut in different rooms,) Other Tiger Parent told us he would help if needed but "don't have time for this crap" of running den meetings. So it's the two of us and I will take the high road and make it work without causing trouble.