New computer, can't log in to Forum

Go to solution Solved by Cleveland Rocks,

So I got a new computer last week, and of course you have to remember all the passwords that used to be saved on the old computer to log onto websites.

I trying to log onto here with the new computer, I put in a username and password, and get the following error message:

An extension required to process this request is missing. Please notify the administrator.

So, I notified the administrator.  No reply yet.

I tried resetting my password. It said that it can't find the member account for the name or email address I supplied (even though I can see my username and email address logged in on my old computer).

So, I contacted the community administrator asking for help. No reply yet.

I also tried all of this using Internet Explorer, Chrome and Firefox. Same results.

Anyone else ever had difficulty like this?

So I got a new computer last week, and of course you have to remember all the passwords that used to be saved on the old computer to log onto websites.

I trying to log onto here with the new computer, I put in a username and password, and get the following error message:

An extension required to process this request is missing. Please notify the administrator.

So, I notified the administrator.  No reply yet.

I tried resetting my password. It said that it can't find the member account for the name or email address I supplied (even though I can see my username and email address logged in on my old computer).

So, I contacted the community administrator asking for help. No reply yet.

I also tried all of this using Internet Explorer, Chrome and Firefox. Same results.

Anyone else ever had difficulty like this?

Well, after all that, I was able to get in.  It had another, unrelated, email address associated to my username.  Once I switched it to what my email address actually is, I was able to get in (I'm writing this on the new computer).

Good news!  Especially since the reply I was in the process of typing said that I would contact the administrator, which you had already done.  :)   And by the way, I think the error message you got was exactly the same one that I get when I mis-type my password.  Most web sites give you something like "The user name or password you entered are incorrect."  This one gives you "An extension required to process this request is missing."  I guess it is in the fine tradition of "PC Load Letter" and other cryptic and/or misleading error messages throughout history.