What do you mean by "men" and "manly"?

As a current school board trustee, the idea that the taxpayer has no say is also incorrect. As an elected trustee, their voice is carried through mine. Second, all budgets are voted upon by the community... the only budget anyone gets to vote on, and thirdly the community gets a direct voice by participating in the community forums, and committees which put the budget together. When it comes to school taxes and budget, the taxpayer has a greater voice than they do compared to just about every other governmental agency.

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

As a former school board member, I have to respond to the idea that a school district "can just collect taxes from everyone and spend it as you see fit." I can only speak from my experience in one sch

Reading this thread reminds me of the Lumber Jack sketch.

What does it mean to be a man?   A Man is: Trustworthy, Loyal, Helpful, Friendly, Courteous, Kind, Obedient, Cheerful, Thrifty, Brave, Clean and Reverent.   What does in mean to be manly?  I have

That doesn't state what you think it does.

Even if what you infer turns out to be correct, that "similar=same," then, as you quoted in the other thread:

It will be up to local Cub Scout Packs, parents and chartered partners to choose...

Nothing in any way suggests that this decision is compulsory. COs and Troops are not required to change.

That doesn't state what you think it does.

Even if what you infer turns out to be correct, that "similar=same," then, as you quoted in the other thread:

Nothing in any way suggests that this decision is compulsory. COs and Troops are not required to change.

By placing no hard fast rule against co-ed Troops, there is blatant lying going on... I was told point blank by execs both in my Council as well as CSE, "NO CO-ED IN BOY SCOUTS".  

So now you the hinting at a local option at the 11-18 level... which allows for pressure to exerted... give it 5 years, all Troops will be co-ed.  if this is not evident, it's a beautiful dream I'd love to get in on.