Girls in Cub Scouts - Actions taken to date

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

This next year will be an interesting one for us, not only because of (potentially) having girls join.  I say potentially because we have not yet had anyone approach us.  What has happened in the last

Its interesting how this thread is playing out.  A lot of people are up in arms about the whole thing are still wringing their hands over how its going to affect people in the field and here it is, le

If you run co-ed dens and the program specifies separate dens, then you're not running a BSA Cub Scout program. That's in addition to not being trustworthy or obedient.   Some may consider that har

I’m working our Cub Scout Pack recharter right now (for January 1). “Moose/Rocco ... help the parents find their wallets.†But I digress.

No mention of designating Boy, Girl or Coed. Just your standard process, but now required to be online. It was made clear to me that girls won’t start until September.

I’m also concerned a bit about having AoL girl(s) with no Troop to partner with. Our AOL typical does one overnight (minimum) and a few other activities with the Troop. If we have any AOL girls they will be left out of these activities.

I’m working our Cub Scout Pack recharter right now (for January 1). “Moose/Rocco ... help the parents find their wallets.†But I digress.

No mention of designating Boy, Girl or Coed. Just your standard process, but now required to be online. It was made clear to me that girls won’t start until September.

I’m also concerned a bit about having AoL girl(s) with no Troop to partner with. Our AOL typical does one overnight (minimum) and a few other activities with the Troop. If we have any AOL girls they will be left out of these activities.

I see no reason why a BSA troop couldn't invite a BSA4G Webelos den to come camping with them.

One may have an all girls troop along with an all boys troop, same for patrols, packs, dens etc. etc. and great elaborate lengths will be gyrated at charter/recharter time to accommodate all this.  But when it comes to any district or council or out-of-council  events, it's a moot point.  Kinda like the old smoking section of the bar or restaurant, or better yet, the peeing section of the pool.  It just doesn't work well when logic is applied.

Edited by Stosh

Also, for fifth grade girls earning the Arrow of Light award in February of 2019, to where do they cross over, if there is no 11-17 program for girls?

My marginally informed opinion is that BSA4G Troops will be formed in late 2018 in time to be ready for 2019 Crossovers.