How Does Your Unit Fundraise?

Committee decided tonight that we will not be doing a spring “flea marketâ€. Instead, something easier.

I’m looking for some ideas, my troop has a holiday bazaar, clothing drives, and a breakfast yearly.

Install an E-Z-Pass gate on the CO's parking lot (tongue firmly in cheek).

I think I will propose that during next month's committee meeting!

How does our unit fundraise?

well the adults on the committee, perhaps with SM and an ASM or two, will brainstorm ideas

then one of the committee members will very reluctantly agree to spearhead the efforts.

That person will work their behind off....maybe pushing....er...encouraging... a few of the scouts to man a booth, or some such thing...but mainly the volunteer will get the word out to the scouts' parents who will either buy whatever it is &/or take an order sheet into their work to sell.

Once in a while there will be a scout who actually takes initiative to go door to door, but that is a statistically outlying event

(wishing my tongue was firmly in cheek)

Committee decided tonight that we will not be doing a spring “flea marketâ€. Instead, something easier.

I’m looking for some ideas, my troop has a holiday bazaar, clothing drives, and a breakfast yearly.

I see that you are in NJ, what city? If rural, what is your nearest large city?

I live in a suburb of a large metro area and we often work various sporting events. We sell merchandise, concessions and provide clean up. We make all of our money that way. Any popcorn the scouts sell goes 100% to their scout account.

We typically do 3 major events a year. Perhaps there is an opportunity for your troop to do something similar?

I see that you are in NJ, what city? If rural, what is your nearest large city?

I live in a suburb of a large metro area and we often work various sporting events. We sell merchandise, concessions and provide clean up. We make all of our money that way. Any popcorn the scouts sell goes 100% to their scout account.

We typically do 3 major events a year. Perhaps there is an opportunity for your troop to do something similar?

Central NJ. CO next to a downtown area.