New Requirement Question

Go to solution Solved by frankpalazzi,

I appreciate everything you have said - I plan on using "follow the Scout Law in your everyday life - if you are trustworthy, loyal, helpful, friendly, courteous, kind, obedient, cheerful, thrifty, brave, clean - you're doing your Duty to God"... 

Thanks to all posts above, but I won't be having a outcome anytime soon... my SM wants me to complete my last 2 merit badges before we discuss it again.

That's different than what you said earlier.  As other posters have noted, there are a variety of ways to do your duty to God.  It doesn't have to involved organized religious practice (although, I would argue that is probably the easiest and most effective way).   I based my harsh reaction on you saying you have no duty to God (which based on your reactions, isn't exactly how you really feel).  That said, you need to think about your duty to God and how you do it.  This should probably be an ongoing thing throughout your life.  

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

No offense, but you need to resign Boy Scouts today.   You've been making the promise below since you started BSA, which is at least 2 years ago if you are a Life Scout.   On my honor I will do my

Here's a link that should answer any questions:  https://blog.scoutingmagazine.org/2017/01/03/new-boy-scout-requirements-now-mandatory-jan-1-2017/

First: Yes, it really stinks to have to carry inserted sheets. If a BSHB survives a scout through adulthood, it is a real joy for him to be able to pull it off the shelf and share it with his kids (an