Council Records Screw ups

... But when a unit hand delivers computer generated reports to insure that the council is getting the reports to be entered into SCOUTNET, ...

If the unit is delivering computer generated reports ... if people have a computer, they are online and should be doing Online Advancement to avoid the issue.  Handing over a paper sheet always introduces error.  Use online advancement and print the scout shop pick sheet from there.  Or upload your CSV file.  That's how you avoid the issue.  ... But if you are using a computer to generate the report, you don't have a tech issue.  

If the unit is delivering computer generated reports ... if people have a computer, they are online and should be doing Online Advancement to avoid the issue.  Handing over a paper sheet always introduces error.  Use online advancement and print the scout shop pick sheet from there.  Or upload your CSV file.  That's how you avoid the issue.  ... But if you are using a computer to generate the report, you don't have a tech issue.  

People may have a computer, but still not be able to do IA due to internet connectivity. My pack bought the downloadable version of PACKMASTER software. This is the one you download, and do not need internet to use. We got this version because of the known connectivity issues in the area. Supposedly it interfaces with IA. Every time I attempted to use that feature, after waiting extremely long periods of time, it would kick me off the system with a message stating it was taking too long. It would provide paper copies of the report,and that is what we used.

Thankfully I got off dial up when we got the chance. But there are still folks who are unable to get high speed internet service. Troop's old SM who did the advancement reports was one of those folks. Now I am the one who does it. And I am using IA. But I know of 3 units in the district that are not in high speed  areas. Thankfully the CM/ASM of 2 units works somewhere  that is OK with him doing IA.

I don't know if ILS-T is recorded anywhere. I know youth who've had it may wear the Trained patch under their badge of office. I don't want a bunch of people at NYLT who've never had any sort of orientation. I'm not going to kick 'em out, but I'd prefer that they've had some previous training.

I didn't mean to side-track the conversation. I was just using that as an example of things we're doing at district or council level because it's not getting done at the unit level. We're working to improve our units, but in the mean time, we have a handful of people who are trying to pick up the slack.

We have very few trained leaders. (Beyond the very basic training.) Our Council hasn't had NYLT in ten years. (Coming in August 2018.) No Wood Badge in almost that long. (Shooting for 2019.) Or Commissioners College in . . . maybe ever. (Scheduled in 2019, with the help of a couple of neighboring councils.)

In the past record keeping has been poor at best in my council.

I took Wood badge in another council.

After sending in a copy of the certificate 4 times I gave up trying to get it listed in my training record

Due to budget cuts my council no longer has a registrar. It is paying National to enter all registrations.

All training and advancement record updates are now the units responsibility. The Unit Leader and Committee Chair both have the ability to enter records

Maybe I now I can get Wood badge entered in my training record.

I took Wood Badge 12 or 13 years ago and of course I have no idea where my certificate for it is.