Webelos-O-Ree patches

I have become the Trail Boss for our local WOR. Each year we give out a new patch for the event. The patch design is the result of a contest with designs submitted by the Web Dens. The problem is I have now inherited a box of old patches from past years. I would hate to throw them away. Is there any value th these as trading stock. Any suggestions on how to get rid of them.

Don't know anything about this event but I was at an awards ceremony where someone had attached several old event patches to each table centerpiece.  The patches had nothing to do with the ceremony and were obviously old overstock but I thought it was a great idea.  It instantly made the centerpiece a scout centerpiece. 

What I would do is put one of each patch on an "event" blanket, like a troop blanket.  Even if you don't have a patch for each year, you can pull out the blanket and hang it up somewhere or put it on a table to symbolize the great fun and memories that have been had over the past "XX" years and the fun that will happen at the current event.  Encourage people to come up and check it out.  Or if it's just a few patches put them in a cheap frame.  None of this has to be expensive and you are adding to the tradition of the event because a new patch can be added to the blanket each year.  If each patch is different, this should look really cool.

At events throw them in a cardboard box with the word FREE on it, encourage people that they can take them and the patches should disappear either by scouts or adults.

Depending on how many patches, maybe give them to one or more cub scout packs to do some kind of crafts.

Is there any kind of Halloween event where the scouts would receive candy?  Throw the patches in with the candy. Doesn't matter if the scouts were not at the event, maybe they'll just enjoy getting a patch with their M&Ms.

Put a picture on craigslist for free and I'm sure they will disappear.

These ideas are just off the top of my head, I'm sure there are lots of other great uses for them.  I don't see any reason to throw them away but no reason to hoard them either. 

I have become the Trail Boss for our local WOR. Each year we give out a new patch for the event. The patch design is the result of a contest with designs submitted by the Web Dens. The problem is I have now inherited a box of old patches from past years. I would hate to throw them away. Is there any value th these as trading stock. Any suggestions on how to get rid of them.

My son had a large stack of patches that were made for a district webelos camp out that he was running before a district merger.  The camp out still happened but since they had the old district name the district chair did not want them distributed.  He gave sets to his staff (there was a regular patch, staff patch, and a ghosted award patch) and the rest have gone into various patch auctions trading post dollar bins, etc.  I think some of the collectability was that they were the last patch made with that district name, at least that's what he'd put in the description for patch auctions to drum up interest.

The sad part was that there were not funds available to order a replacement patch for the participants.