More BSA changes before World Jambo 2019

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

To BSA national:   Work on making scouts cool. Look at scouts from the viewpoint of a kid. Don't talk about having fun and then come up with the cyber chip. Look very hard at what caused the cyber c

Shiff's favoritism toward anthro-centric multiples of 5 and 2 (as opposed to more harmonic multiples of 3 and 2) is duly noted.   A swear jar should be adjacent to any public figure who address the

I have no comment on celebrity front-persons or beer, but I sense no groundswell in favor of getting rid of merit badge sashes.  And where would the Scouts wear their merit badges?  I have seen photos

Here's a change that should be considered - open up OA to female venturers - their female leaders can become members, they should be able to as well

No female, or male, Venturer or Venturing Advisor, can be elected or nominated to The Order of the Arrow.

If a female Venturing Advisor, is also a member of a Troop (registered adult leader) then they may be nominated by their Troop. The same is true or males and youth, they must be registered with a Troop or Varsity unit and elections and nominations may only come from those units. 

No female, or male, Venturer or Venturing Advisor, can be elected or nominated to The Order of the Arrow.

If a female Venturing Advisor, is also a member of a Troop (registered adult leader) then they may be nominated by their Troop. The same is true or males and youth, they must be registered with a Troop or Varsity unit and elections and nominations may only come from those units.

Yeah, about O/A, I'd rather they drop the rhetoric, open it to male venturers, but plainly say "no girls allowed."

#tiredofdoublespeak

Yeah, about O/A, I'd rather they drop the rhetoric, open it to male venturers, but plainly say "no girls allowed."

#tiredofdoublespeak

I don't see how it is double speak. it's perfectly clear. A male Venturer is not eligible either. Neither are Cub Scouts, Explorers or STEM.

And women are most certainly allowed, IF they are Boy Scout Leaders.

I don't see how it is double speak. it's perfectly clear. A male Venturer is not eligible either. Neither are Cub Scouts, Explorers or STEM.

And women are most certainly allowed, IF they are Boy Scout Leaders.

You do realize that all of the stipulations about which program one had to be registered in came about after some female explores were chosen as candidates?

Or, do you really think a first class scout who transferred to a crew is de-facto not worthy of scouting's honor society?

It does get confusing. Our local camp has female Venture staff members dressed in Native American garb in their weekly OA ceremony. They dance too, mostly as the caboose in the OA dance train.

My Sunday morning mixed metaphor.

Edited by RememberSchiff

There's another controversial change needed at World Jamboree to bring the BSA in step with the rest of WOSM  and the world  - metric

I noticed British badge requirements for swimming and hill walking, etc have distances stated in meters and kilometers.

If we the BSA are going to change, we might as well go the distance. :)

There are two kinds of countries in the world...those that use the metric system and those who put a man on the moon. :)