Girl Scouts letter to BSA

Finally a bit of a separate note. Someone asked if any of the 50+ United Way and the corporate sponsors came back after we added LGBTQ leaders and members. I couldn't find much info and wonder if anyone else knows. If not, I think it would be appropriate to ask these groups if they restarted giving and if not why they didn't.

My local UW still only does designations to the local council. Been that way since the SCOTUS decision.

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Cookie Mafia has to protect it's turf. I'm not sure why the Girl Scouts is concerned, the type of girl who would want to be involved with Boy Scouts is not the same demographic of girls who enjoy Girl

At least GS/USA is capable of calling out "family accessible" for the tripe that it is.

BSA is not trying to take over GSUSA.  BSA has had a huge membership drop and they are competing with many other organizations for participants.  We are lucky that given the huge membership drop that

Finally a bit of a separate note. Someone asked if any of the 50+ United Way and the corporate sponsors came back after we added LGBTQ leaders and members. I couldn't find much info and wonder if anyone else knows. If not, I think it would be appropriate to ask these groups if they restarted giving and if not why they didn't.

As far as the UW (and probably most of the corporate sponsors), they still have a policy against giving to organizations that discriminate on the basis of religion and/or creed.

Most of the Scout world is Gender Neutral.    Most of the modern world is gender neutral.   When I was on the Camino de Santiago, I was gently surprised by how much was gender neutral.  Banos/servicios in public areas (restaurants?)  were very often not labeled by gender. The facilities in the albergues might be labeled, if they were "BIG " multiple use  showers and toilets, but often they were individual use types.  Bunk rooms were more often than not not separated by gender (!).  In the morning, all you see are multi colored caterpillar-like sleeping bags. 

About the only example of gender separate facilities was the gymnasia municipale we stayed in , which was a "albergue especiale"  because the regular hostels were full (a not unusual at all situation).

Most on the Camino were/are adults, and the respect for one's privacy was impressive.  It was seen as a need and was done.  If there was a young couple traveling together, well, they were urged to find other accommodations.

Most of the Scout world is Gender Neutral.    Most of the modern world is gender neutral.   When I was on the Camino de Santiago, I was gently surprised by how much was gender neutral.  Banos/servicios in public areas (restaurants?)  were very often not labeled by gender. The facilities in the albergues might be labeled, if they were "BIG " multiple use  showers and toilets, but often they were individual use types.  Bunk rooms were more often than not not separated by gender (!).  In the morning, all you see are multi colored caterpillar-like sleeping bags. 

About the only example of gender separate facilities was the gymnasia municipale we stayed in , which was a "albergue especiale"  because the regular hostels were full (a not unusual at all situation).

Most on the Camino were/are adults, and the respect for one's privacy was impressive.  It was seen as a need and was done.  If there was a young couple traveling together, well, they were urged to find other accommodations.

Ironically, the language is not gender neutral.