Mr Scaramucci and Scouting

Anthony Scaramucci and his wife, Deidre, are divorcing: "On Monday, while Anthony was in West Virginia with President Trump for the Boy Scouts Jamboree, Deidre gave birth to the couple’s baby boy James. As of Friday evening, a full four days after delivery, her 53-year-old husband had yet to meet his newborn son, though an associate close to Anthony said he visited the child late that night. He visited his Manhasset, L.I., homestead Saturday."

http://pagesix.com/2017/07/29/scaramuccis-fed-up-wife-filed-for-divorce-while-nine-months-pregnant/

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Am I the only one who starts singing "Bohemian Rhapsody" when I hear this guy's name?   (Apologies to anyone under the age of about 35 who may not know what I am talking about.)

Well if I am teaching character-building, I would expect if my scouts felt it was inappropriate they would tell their SPL who would then inform me or better the SPL would say Mr. Schiff this is inappr

It's my strong hunch that Mr. S knew exactly what he was doing, his protests afterwards notwithstanding.    He was looking for a specific outcome.   Mission accomplished.   I've heard this kind

My take:

Unless my IH or COR told me I had not choice but to put him in front of my youth, I would not let him within a country mile of my youth. Show me where what he said was friendly, courteous, or kind.

Edited by John-in-KC

So, in the space of about a week, this guy comes in, causing Sean Spicer to quit, makes comments that cause Reince Preibus to be fired, and the new chief of staff fires HIM.  Meanwhile a couple of other guys still have bulls-eyes taped to the back of their suits.

This administration is starting to look like the last act of a Shakespearian tragedy:  Wall-to-wall dead bodies with like two guys left alive at the end.

General Kelly is cleaning house as the new chief of staff.

I'll bet you a dutch oven cobbler that during his interview with the President, Gen Kelly said something along these lines:

"Mr. President, if you hire me, and I accept, I've got to have carte blanche.  Otherwise, no soap."  That's the only way he can get the staff in any semblance of order.  He's got the iron and experience to deal with the confused/disorganized/backbiting new staffers, as well as the passive aggressive employees leftover from the previous administration.

Otherwise, a retired four-star general has other things that he could do that are far more lucrative, with fewer headaches.

Edited by desertrat77

General Kelly is clearing house as the new chief of staff.

I'll bet you a dutch oven cobbler that during his interview with the President, Gen Kelly said something along these lines:

"Mr. President, if you hire me, and I accept, I've got to have carte blanche.  Otherwise, no soap."  That's the only way he can get the staff in any semblance of order.  He's got the iron and experience to deal with the confused/disorganized/backbiting new staffers, as well as the passive aggressive employees leftover from the previous administration.

Otherwise, a retired four-star general has other things that he could do that are far more lucrative, with fewer headaches.

Well, we'll see what happens when his "housecleaning" extends to someone(s) who has worked in the White House for more than 11 days (though I am not sure that he ever officially started since was waiting for ethics clearance on the sale of his business) and who so obviously needed to be fired. Like if General Kelly decided that the White House would be better off without Steve Bannon... or Kellyanne Conway... or - and this one would really be the acid test - Jared Kushner. Regardless of whether any of these things actually happen, or something else, I predict that over the next few months, the new chief of staff will find that he does not have the free hand that he needs, and he will either ask for a different job in the administration but outside the White House, or go back to the private sector.

Regardless of whether any of these things actually happen, or something else, I predict that over the next few months, the new chief of staff will find that he does not have the free hand that he needs, and he will either ask for a different job in the administration but outside the White House, or go back to the private sector.

That might indeed be the case.  I suspect the President has had enough of the shenanigans.  Loyalty can only extend so far in their line of work.  When the staff's collective weirdness is too much, it's time for pink slips.  All partisanship aside, Bannon and Conway are constant magnets for controversy, and I can't imagine any work they produce is worth the trouble.  Kushner will be reporting directly to Kelly.  I believe he's smart enough to know the score and will adapt to the new play book.

Edited by desertrat77

I suspect the President has had enough of the shenanigans.

Well... but he is the Shenaniganator in Chief. He is the root cause of the shenanigans and the direct perpetrator of many of them.

When the staff's collective weirdness is too much, it's time for pink slips.

To paraphrase the recently hired and recently fired White House Communications Director, the weirdness starts from the top down.

All partisanship aside, Bannon and Conway are constant magnets for controversy, and I can't imagine any work they produce is worth the trouble.

One crisp new U.S. 1-dollar bill says both of them will still be working in the White House and waving goodbye to General Kelly when he walks out the door for the last time.

Kushner will be reporting directly to Kelly.  I believe he's smart enough to know the score and will adapt to the new play book.

Well, we'll see how long the President's son-in-law (and daughter) report to anyone other than the President. I would put down another dollar bill on this, but I have already reached my limit, see above.

One thing is for sure, after that rant by the new COMMUNICATIONS DIRECTOR, the 'mooch' is the last person anyone should want to speak in front of the boys...it's like Larry Flynt is now directing communications in the White House....No, sorry, Flynt isn't nearly profane enough to match 'the mooch'.

Was or is anybody talking about Scaramucci talking to any boy scout groups? I mean, what's the relevance here? Or did it just make you feel good about yourself to say it?

Well if I am teaching character-building, I would expect if my scouts felt it was inappropriate they would tell their SPL who would then inform me or better the SPL would say Mr. Schiff this is inappropriate, we should leave. I would allow them to quietly leave. No disruption, if no one bars our exit.

Freedom of speech goes both ways - speaking and listening. We have the freedom to respectfully listen or not listen (leave).

Either way, we would debrief later.

Freedom of speech is not implicated here because there is no government action.

Trump supporters should just keep in mind: you wanted this.

Ah, politics. You're statement is untrue. Have you ever heard one person say anything remotely like, "That Trump, I hope he politicizes his speech to the Boy Scouts and says a lot of inappropriate things!"  But one takes the bad with the good. I understand you don't like the man. I don't either. But at least try to be rational.

Was or is anybody talking about Scaramucci talking to any boy scout groups? I mean, what's the relevance here? Or did it just make you feel good about yourself to say it?

When I introduced the statement it was in the other thread about the speech to the Jamboree. The discussion had ventured into who else might be invited to speak to the Jamboree or other scout groups. And then I read what Scaramucci had said about others...as the new Communications Director. His statements were, to my mind, not appropriate for scouts to hear nor did they convey any manner of scout spirit. So I added it to the discussion at the time. Later, a moderator moved my post to a new thread and here we are.

No, there's not much of anything being said by Scaramucci that makes me feel good. Nor from several other persons in the White House.

I hope that answers your questions.

Ah, politics. You're statement is untrue. Have you ever heard one person say anything remotely like, "That Trump, I hope he politicizes his speech to the Boy Scouts and says a lot of inappropriate things!"  But one takes the bad with the good. I understand you don't like the man. I don't either. But at least try to be rational.

Actually, in my very red state I do hear Trump supporters say that they did want this. There are a few who waver some and my statement is aimed at them but most couldn't care less about what Trump says or does. Some of them are quite proud of some the most outrageous things that are being said. In fact when I ask some of them what it would take for them to change their minds they are quite open that "nothing the man could do" would change their minds about him. They are angry and in their own words, "we just want to see this whole *&^*&^&^ place destroyed and we think things are going just fine". Then they remind me that they won and I'm a loser and some such...

I'm sorry that you view me as irrational.

Edited by cyclops

What a person says and what a person does are often times two entirely different thngs, especially when taken out of context which seems to be the new normal in any conversation anyone makes.

Since elected the Dow Jones has jumped 4,000+ points setting yet another new record each day just about.  Then the big spin about did Trump create a million new jobs?  Maybe not directly, but just by taking office the business world seemed to take on some traction.  Is there a corollary?  Maybe, maybe not, who cares, business is improving. 

He shut the trade agreements with foreign countries who were dumping product in America and getting the cash to benefit their own countries.  Well, just recently with the shut down, A multi-billion dollar plant is being proposed by a Japanese company for our state.  They know that even if every part is foreign made, if assembled in America it can tout the Made in America label.  Misleading?  Nope, because the payroll for employees in an industrial setting is often the largest cost to a business and all that payroll money stays in America.  Catering to big business or helping out the little guy?  A bit of both I would suspect.  I think they call it a win/win situation.

The largest medical insurance provider just pulled out of our state's Obamacare program along with many others.  Less and less competition does not bode well for the people needing insurance.  Last I heard one company was asking for a 80% increase in premiums.  One doesn't ask unless they think they can get it.

Maybe the wall isn't going to get built anytime soon, but the number of people deported for the 20th time seems to be declining and there are indications that the flow of illegals is going down.  So they say anyway.  Who knows if it is really true.

Defiant sanctuary cities are now targets of their political stance.  We all learned as we were growing up, there are consequences for one's choices.  We did, we adjusted and if these people are serious about their agenda, then they will adjust to the cut in taxpayers' money.

I guess one might think that much of these comments have to do with Trump, but no one's giving him any credit so I'm thinking he's off the hook.

However the American social, political and financial environments have changed since he was elected.  I'm glad they are changing the way they are and if it has nothing to do with Trump, then he can stay as a "do nothing" or challenged at every step all he wants.  I'm not in college getting a useless degree that's going to cost me for the rest of my life, nor am I an not unemployed looking for a job (unemployment in my area is the lowest it has been for the past 20 years). our specific area ranks at the bottom of people having credit problems, I'm retired on Medicare, my supplement is affordable, and I own my own home outright.  From where I'm sitting, one is going to have a difficult time convincing me that things are not etting better over the past 6 months.  Just sayin'.

Edited by Stosh