President Trump to visit 2017 Jamboree

The source about the phone calls being nonexistent was White House Press Secretary Sarah Huckabee Sanders.  The Times reported what she said.

Did you read it? The Times was editorializing in what was supposed to be a news report. Sanders said the conversations took place, just not in phone calls. Had this been Obama it would be a non issue.

Where's the reporting on Bernie Sanders' wife's misdeeds? Bengazhi? Clinton Foubdation fund misappropriation? Emailgate? But no, let's nitpick what big bad Donald said. Such treatment just continues to erode the left's credibility. I thought November taught them that. Apparently not.

• Replies 221
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

The best Jambo guest speakers are the ones who can be motivational, inspirational, and relatable. Trump was none of those things tonight. He just used this as yet another tour stop to brag about his w

I saw Trump's speech online. Hardly seems fair Scouters are not allowed to politic in their uniform but he basically does a campaign speech. Talked a bit about Loyalty but seems challenged on Honesty

Snark engaged:   Ronald Reagan didn't show up to the two Jamborees held during his time in office either.  And we all know why Reagan really dissed the scouts.   Snark disengaged.   Instead of p

Sanders said the conversations took place, just not in phone calls.

Neither Trump nor Sanders mentioned who allegedly talked with the President.  The President rants about anonymous sources, yet uses them himself.

The bottom line here is that the president said he got a call from the "head of the BSA saying it was the greatest speech that was ever made to them", and the BSA denies it.  I believe the BSA, because, first, given the two choices, I believe the BSA, and second, the president's claim makes no sense in light of the CSE's public statement lamenting the "political" nature of the speech.

Did you read it? The Times was editorializing in what was supposed to be a news report. Sanders said the conversations took place, just not in phone calls. 

Do you honestly believe anyone in a BSA national leadership position told Trump that the speech was "the greatest speech that was ever made to them, and they were very thankful."?

The only place that comment existed was in his head.   

• Upvote 1

The bottom line here is that the president said he got a call from the "head of the BSA saying it was the greatest speech that was ever made to them", and the BSA denies it.  I believe the BSA, because, first, given the two choices, I believe the BSA, and second, the president's claim makes no sense in light of the CSE's public statement lamenting the "political" nature of the speech.

I am imagining some communication's merit badge counselor helping Johnny wrap up his partial:

"No Johnny, voice impressions of the CSE does not count as describing yourself for requirement 2a, even if the White House switchboard patched you through."

He said, she said, ad nausium.  The point being is not what was or was not said, the point being, both need to start acting like adults. In the long run they are both equally bad.  These trials by propaganda media are nothing more than shams to politically position oneself into some supposedly power position.The only real victim here is the truth.

""The Many Problems With Trump's Boy Scouts Speech "   by Ted Genoway, Eagle

""I’m an Eagle Scout. But I’m glad my son wasn’t at President Trump’s Boy Scout speech.""

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/posteverything/wp/2017/07/25/im-an-eagle-scout-but-im-glad-my-son-wasnt-at-trumps-boy-scout-speech/?utm_term=.bbc8f91e7cd8

The world is a dangerous place, none of us gets out alive.  :)  Protecting our children from it isn't the solution, unless one is going to do it for the rest of their lives.  They have to learn how to protect themselves.  Sheltering our young from such opportunities to learn isn't the answer.

When I asked my daughter where her daughter was, she said, "Outside building up her immune system," I knew she would be coming into the house soon looking like a lost orphan.  Children learn the greatest lessons from being exposed to the world, not sheltered from it.

He gets a call mixed up with a face to face discussion, you guys become unglued.

Clinton's "few emails" turns out to be thousands (big time violations by the way) you guys are silent. Go figure.

not unglued.  you seem a bit worked up.  I don't recall any info that any of HRC's emails involved the BSA or her having any involvement at all with BSA so her honesty or lack thereof isn't particularly relevant to DT's jambo speech .  Don't see how her lies excuses/justifies his.  

Edited by wdfa89
  • Upvote 1

Let's quote sources that don't have an agenda against the guy. The NYT? Really? Why not CNN or MSNBC? C'mon guys at least try to find a credible news source, not ones that slipped Hillary the questions prior to the debates.

What could Golf Magazine (the original source) possibly have against President Trump - a man who owns major golf courses around the world?