President Trump to visit 2017 Jamboree

• Replies 221
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

The best Jambo guest speakers are the ones who can be motivational, inspirational, and relatable. Trump was none of those things tonight. He just used this as yet another tour stop to brag about his w

I saw Trump's speech online. Hardly seems fair Scouters are not allowed to politic in their uniform but he basically does a campaign speech. Talked a bit about Loyalty but seems challenged on Honesty

Snark engaged:   Ronald Reagan didn't show up to the two Jamborees held during his time in office either.  And we all know why Reagan really dissed the scouts.   Snark disengaged.   Instead of p

Stosh, I don't think RS was suggesting anything along the lines you are talking about, and you should not assume that he was.

Our Constitution provides a couple of perfectly peaceful ways for someone new to become president before the next election. I don't happen to think either of them are going to happen in this presidency, although the odds are no longer negligible.

On the other hand, as I suggest above, that isn't something I necessarily want to see happen. Unlike the President, the Vice President has an actual ideology, and it scares me to death.

• Upvote 2

I took one of those stupid Facebook tests to see whether you are liberal or conservative.  I was flat out honest and to my surprise I was almost dead-center, just a hair off to the conservative side.  So we're talking about ideologies?  Well from my front row seat in the middle of all this, I see 1963 and 1863, and a number of other times when extreme ideologies set events in motion that ended up with a lot of dead people and destruction on a scale that was pretty horrendous    I don't know as if I want to play that game anymore and it's a lot more peaceful and sane in the middle.

Trump: " I got a call from the head of the Boy Scouts saying it was the greatest speech that was ever made to them, and they were very thankful."

http://www.politico.com/story/2017/08/01/trump-wall-street-journal-interview-full-transcript-241214

Boy Scouts Refute Trump’s Claim That They Told Him He Made ‘Greatest Speech’ Ever

https://www.mediaite.com/online/boy-scouts-refute-trumps-claim-that-they-told-him-he-made-greatest-speech-ever/

Yes, I saw the smiley face and understood the nature of the post, but one must always remember this is the Issues and Politics section of the forum and us Snowflakes can't always take a joke very well.  :)

I am just concerned about others that will read the words and miss the emoji.  As one who sits in the middle of the road, there are those who are way off in the field on both sides of that road that lack any sense of humor.  They are the scary ones.

I realize this is in the Issues and Politics section, but a Constitutionally elected president doesn't need the flack coming his way.  A Scout is Loyal, Helpful, Friendly, Courteous, Kind, Obedient, Cheerful, and Brave just to mention a few.  How does any of them suggest something bad happening to sitting president.  There's enough plots out there right now thinking the unthinkable and if history repeats itself, an assassination of a president, amid tense diplomacy,on the brink of war, as the country was torn apart by riots is a good thing, guess again.  I lived through it and it wasn't pretty.  Is that the legacy one wishes to leave behind?

When people talk about whether or not Trump will still be president at any time in the future, the assumption doesn't have to be one of "something bad happening to the president" to end his time in office. It's not unreasonable to think that Trump might not be permitted to remain in office for some reason or another. Seemingly every week lately there is some big new scandal, some of them bordering on the kinds of things that could almost get someone impeached. 

I'm also personally of the opinion that he may not even want to finish out a term in office or seek a 2nd term. Not a popular opinion, I know, but still a theory I believe in. Trump has himself said he preferred his old life. Does he want to spend the bulk of his 70s in a job he dislikes, when he has the means to live any way he pleases outside of the public life? I'm not sure he'll sign up for another term, and I wouldn't even rule it out that he quits during this term. 

We also need to take into account that the president himself hasn't exactly made it easy on himself when it comes to speculation about the length of time he might be in office. Talking about whether he can pardon himself doesn't really instill confidence in the public that he's got a clean enough record to keep the job. 

It's not all about bad things that can happen to a president. With this particular POTUS, just holding down the job for a full term isn't exactly a sure thing. 

Scandals?  Seriously?  Sex in the Oval Office?  Fast and Furious? etc.?  It just depends on which side of the aisle the President leans and whether or not the scuttlebutt is aired in the media.  All presidents have a defining moment.  The media was tearing into the sitting president and his family even before he took office.  The media has turned into the op ed page of the National Inquirer That's not sad for the president, it's sad for the nation as a whole.  The world I live in today is not the world I grew up in.  With all the progressives out there, we haven't progressed one iota in terms of humanity.  

It's hard to believe anyone out there anymore.  Rumors, scandals, and such are pretty much media hype to sell information to the public.  The more sensationalized spin sells the most.  I research all stories of interest to me, I take no one at face value and I understand both sides of an issue before making a personal conclusion.  Most of the "stuff" out there today is simply verbal garbage and power politics.  I will defend free speech, but for the most part, one pays for what one gets.  

As a kid I watched a lot of westerns on TV.  Everyone carried a gun.  By the time I was a kid, it was a thing of ancient history in our culture.  Well. we've come full circle and we're right back to where we started.  That's not progress.  Every woodman knows that if you start in one place only to end up back there again, you;re lost! 

She was producing scandals way back when Bill was President.  With all the combined scandals those two have been involved in, I for the life of me, can't figure out how they have lasted this long.

• Upvote 1

Boy Scouts Refute Trump’s Claim That They Told Him He Made ‘Greatest Speech’ Ever

https://www.mediaite.com/online/boy-scouts-refute-trumps-claim-that-they-told-him-he-made-greatest-speech-ever/

Someone is delusional here, and I doubt it is anyone in the BSA national office.  (No comment on whether National might be delusional on other subjects :-) )

I'm also personally of the opinion that he may not even want to finish out a term in office or seek a 2nd term. Not a popular opinion, I know, but still a theory I believe in. 

I  don't think Trump wanted to win in the first place.  He is as surprised as everyone else that he did win.

I  don't think Trump wanted to win in the first place.  He is as surprised as everyone else that he did win.

Never underestimate a shrewd businessman.  They know the odds, they play the game, they can negotiate like an expert and if the deal is sweet enough, they know what sells and how to win.  There were 16 Republican candidate and 1 Democratic candidate that learned the business world and the world of politics are two different animals.