President Trump to visit 2017 Jamboree

Either way, it's outside the scope of my investigation.  :)   I was limiting it to the time period while their fathers were president.

• Replies 221
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

The best Jambo guest speakers are the ones who can be motivational, inspirational, and relatable. Trump was none of those things tonight. He just used this as yet another tour stop to brag about his w

I saw Trump's speech online. Hardly seems fair Scouters are not allowed to politic in their uniform but he basically does a campaign speech. Talked a bit about Loyalty but seems challenged on Honesty

Snark engaged:   Ronald Reagan didn't show up to the two Jamborees held during his time in office either.  And we all know why Reagan really dissed the scouts.   Snark disengaged.   Instead of p

You know Qwazse they are a Breed of their Own.  Do you know they have their very own pledge of allegiance to the state of Texas?

My kid says the pledge everyday at school.  I have lived in three states and Texas is by far the most outwardly proud of itself.  I have lived in two states that were their own republics. 

Honor the Texas flag; I pledge allegiance to thee, Texas, one state under God, one and indivisible.

Frankly, I would dissuade my scouts from bringing any politically based hats or shirts on a scouting event.  No matter what their political belief is, it is divisive.  I would say the same thing for "Hope" hats.

• Upvote 1

You know Qwazse they are a Breed of their Own.  Do you know they have their very own pledge of allegiance to the state of Texas?

So I've learned from transplants from TX, and more recently from having relocated my daughter to OK, and then TX. I won't divulge which she prefers, lest friends from either state discern whose dad I am. ;)

Related to the background of the photo: Hey, Texans. Is there anything in your state's code about using your flag for capes?

You can make the Texas flag in to anything...as long as you're Texan.

@@JasonG172, a pledge I took everyday for 10 years. "Honor the Texas flag; I pledge allegiance to thee, Texas, one state under God, one and indivisible."

Edited by Back Pack

I saw Trump's speech online. Hardly seems fair Scouters are not allowed to politic in their uniform but he basically does a campaign speech. Talked a bit about Loyalty but seems challenged on Honesty and Kindness. He can surround himself all he wants with Scouters but not much seems to rub off on him.

ROFL show me a politician that can speak about honesty and kindness. You think Email Benghazi Clinton could have done either?

TT, Agreed, I have dreaded the day that this person would be the so-called 'honorary' president of the organization - I consider him to be 'without honor'. So TT, trustworthy is definitely off the table for him AFAIC, too. I'd add 'clean' and 'courteous' to the fail list as well. If I were to directly quote our President loudly enough to be heard in this CO, I would have to apologize to the congregation.

Edited by cyclops
  • Upvote 3

ROFL show me a politician that can speak about honesty and kindness. You think Email Benghazi Clinton could have done either?

Hillary didn't just give a pathetic, whiny stump speech to the Boy Scouts. Hillary Clinton is not President of the United States. Hillary Clinton is not the honorary President of the Boy Scouts of America. Quit your whataboutism. That speech was ridiculous unless you're a die hard Trump supporter. Maybe you are. You're entitled to it. 

I will admit some of it is fine. Some of it is childish political pandering. 

- Trumps Speech

Compare that to:

- George W Bush 

Just my two cents. 

Edited by Sentinel947
  • Upvote 3

Talked a bit about Loyalty ...

I believe the loyalty comments were actually a jab at Jeff Sessions.  Sessions was at the White House today but apparently was not invited to tag along to the Jamboree, as secretaries Perry, Price and Zinke were.  Rudy Giuliani is reportedly under consideration to replace Sessions.

Hillary didn't just give a pathetic, whiny stump speech to the Boy Scouts. Hillary Clinton is not President of the United States. Hillary Clinton is not the honorary President of the Boy Scouts of America. Quit your whataboutism. That speech was ridiculous unless you're a die hard Trump supporter. Maybe you are. You're entitled to it.

What? You didn't just love that repeat of the 'how'd you like that Nov 8' thing?

• Upvote 1

What? You didn't just love that repeat of the 'how'd you like that Nov 8' thing?

It sounded like a Trump rally. All of his usual talking points. I could almost have played a drinking game. (I'm at home.) 

Cuss? 

Fake News?

Crowd Size?

HIllary?

Obama?

Emails?

Witch Hunt?

Build the Wall?

Repeal Obamacare?

MAGA? 

Drain the swamp?

He said some mostly decent things at the beginning. Should stuck to that script. Glad he went to visit, but that was not an appropriate speech for the BSA. The crowds reaction at times was bad optics, but there's alot of impressionable kids there so... 

And before anybody accuses me of being an out of touch liberal from the coast, I'm a registered Republican from Ohio. 

• Upvote 1

Appropriate speech? At least he gave one.

Given the topics and politics BSA has played lately, is there really any topic off the table these days?

Anyone see the "Keep the 'Boy' in Boy Scouts" signs.

Edited by Back Pack