I received this note from my council yesterday. FINALLY we have online registration. I hope this means we can CHANGE applications (e.g., SM to ASM, ASM to TC).

Is this just my council that is rolling this out? 

Scouting families and prospective Scouting families have asked for it, and now it is here!

Beginning this fall, the traditional paper registration method will not be the only way to join Scouting. This is a giant leap forward in allowing prospective members and leaders to register in a way that's convenient for them, and it creates a more efficient and user-friendly registration experience for units, districts, and councils.

In an effort to assist our units with this new registration tool, we will be sending an email each Thursday which will focus on an individual aspect of the tool. These bite-sized chunks of information should ease the transition our units will be making to utilize this online tool.

The online registration system is designed to make it easy for families to join Scouting. They can find a unit, if they do not already have one in mind, or apply to the unit of their choice. The system walks them through the entire application and payment process. If there is an application or lead to be processed, the unit Key 3 will receive a notification in their My.Scouting inbox once a day letting them know they have actions to take.

WHAT DOES THE REGISTRATION TOOL DO?

There are three parts to the tool:

1.Digital Application:*

• Electronic application that collects all of the data needed to register in a unit
  • Allows the applicant (if over 18) or the applicant’s parent to provide a digital signature
  • Includes online credit card payment

2. The Application Manager:

• Collects completed applications from new youth and adults;*
  • Allows the unit leader/Key 3 to review the youth application and either accept the application with an electronic signature or send the application to the district so that they can place the youth in a different unit;
  • Allows the committee chair to review the adult application and make recommendations for adult positions; and
  • Allows the chartered organization representative (CR) to review and accept or reject the application with their electronic signature, or refer the application to the district for placement in a different unit.

3. Invitation Manager:

• Collects information from potential new Scouts for your unit from BeAScout.org
  • Helps you manage leads from joining nights and from individual referrals
  • Allows you to send invitations directly to interested families with a link to the application that is specific to your unit

* Youth and adults who use this system should be new to Scouting or be currently registered in a unit and applying to multiple in a different unit than the one in which they are currently registered. This system is not designed to register non-paying adult positions, position changes in the same unit, or youth or adult renewals.

• Upvote 1

If they are mirroring our Council which was  one of the Pilot Councils, this will be only for Youth applications.  The adult apps still need the signatures for background checks and the SSN.

in fact from your post:

"This system is not designed to register non-paying adult positions, position changes in the same unit, or youth or adult renewals."

Edited by pchadbo

If they are mirroring our Council which was  one of the Pilot Councils, this will be only for Youth applications.  The adult apps still need the signatures for background checks and the SSN.

in fact from your post:

"This system is not designed to register non-paying adult positions, position changes in the same unit, or youth or adult renewals."

Yeah I saw that. It's simply ridiculous that they do not have the ability to 1) re-register adults online, and 2) do online background checks.

In this day and age it is simply unacceptable for an organization to THIS antiquated!!

There is more information at scouting.org/online registration

The council decides if they want to accept adult applications. For now, my council is only taking youth, but the council next to us is taking both youth and adult.

This may be useful for the many new cub apps in the fall, but will be almost useless for our troop due to the limited capability. --can only register new scouts, cannot use for cubs transferring at crossover, cannot change adult positions, cannot register mb counselors. My council is also only accepting credit card payment directly from the family, so we would have to ask for our unit dues separately.

From Lutheran Scouting Summer 2017 newsletter

http://nlas.org/wp-c...SUMMER-2017.pdf

(BSA) National Meeting by Wayne Stuckey, President NLAS page 6

"Online registration is now live for 78 councils. It allows Scouts to be registered and pay fees online. 4100 registrations have been processed in the last 3 months. Online registration is accessed from Be-A-Scout.org. "

• Upvote 1