I had to look up Altama, since I'm not familiar with the brand....

but of course now I see that I have seen them lots of times....

Their OTB maritime boots looked especially interesting to me... as a SCUBA diver.  Seems like that could make a great HD water shoe!

• Upvote 1

Problem I had with neoprene dive boots is that I felt every single rock, bottle, etc. I used those one summer, when kayaking in the English Channel with a wetsuit. They kept the feet warm and provided some ankle support, but I felt everything on the soles of my feet.

Problem I had with neoprene dive boots is that I felt every single rock, bottle, etc. I used those one summer, when kayaking in the English Channel with a wetsuit. They kept the feet warm and provided some ankle support, but I felt everything on the soles of my feet.

They also get really hot in the sun. The discussion has been mostly focused on the water and mud part of the treks, but the feet are also exposed to the hot sun during long paddles between portages. 

Barry

yeah, but these aren't typical neoprene dive boots....

they look to be more of a canvas HD combat boot designed to fit in fins and also drain....

yeah, but these aren't typical neoprene dive boots....

they look to be more of a canvas HD combat boot designed to fit in fins and also drain....

Ah, I see. Thanks.

Sounds interesting.

Barry