Sentinel947

Upvotes and downvotes

1 minute ago, Tampa Turtle said:

I think the thread manipulation (spin offs, close outs, deletions) seem to be getting out of hand. I know things meander off course but now things read more fragmented than before...natural conversations seem to wander off course. I can see Moderator intervention if folks are getting kinda rude but is kinda taking the fun of the forum...you know the whole Campfire metaphor. That is my two cents. 

I appreciate the feedback Turtle. The Moderator team is having a conversation about this at the moment, and once we build a little consensus regarding it, we'll make a thread to get feedback. 

You people obviously have some time on your hands. Why don't you spend some of that time to help me in my crusade to revamp the Eagle Project Workbook. 

• Upvote 2

2 minutes ago, Sentinel947 said:

I appreciate the feedback Turtle. The Moderator team is having a conversation about this at the moment, and once we build a little consensus regarding it, we'll make a thread to get feedback. 

No one loves the cat herder especially the cats. :p

Let's give this topic to National to figure out. They can spend millions of dollars and come up with a training module (that costs $50) that defines when and how to use the "trophy" versus the emojis versus the "heart", as well as the true meaning of the "up" and "down" arrows.

3 minutes ago, CherokeeScouter said:

You people obviously have some time on your hands. Why don't you spend some of that time to help me in my crusade to revamp the Eagle Project Workbook. 

I'm pretty stupid I am sure I could beta test. 1st someone needs to break it open.*

* now @Sentinel947 I accept this as a spin off for a new topic. :) I think we need the flashing "segue way" signs like I saw on a Monty Python episode.

26 minutes ago, Tampa Turtle said:

I'm pretty stupid I am sure I could beta test. 1st someone needs to break it open.*

* now @Sentinel947 I accept this as a spin off for a new topic. :) I think we need the flashing "segue way" signs like I saw on a Monty Python episode.

Those weren't "flashing" signs, those were "flasher signs" (not dirty, btw) in the segue ways.

What we really need is this...

• Upvote 1

Since I believe it was my downvote that started the debate, let me just share my viewpoint of what those arrows mean. 

In my opinion, Upvote = Agree, Downvote = Disagree.

Maybe that's wrong, but it isn't entirely clear what exactly an upvote or downvote is intended to be, if not those things. I don't use downvotes often, and if I do, you can be sure it's for something that I find exceptionally disagreeable. 

I'm not sure why this turned into a big debate. If the voting features aren't supposed to be used, or if some folks find the use of them to be "un-scoutlike", then why do we have them? 

Edited by EmberMike