I would think that if a person wished to continue the thread beyond the original OP's solved comment, they could start a new one. This may help with some of the tangents we tend to get off on.

• Upvote 3
  • Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Expiriment complete. Thank you.   I want to see if there is a trigger at -5 like I think there is.   Positive +5 triggers a flair on a post.

To me, it would make more sense if the red vs green were indeed opposites. If green = posts which one agrees, likes or finds helpful, the red should = posts which one disagrees, dislikes or does not f

From the forum Moderator Policy: "Members are reminded that topics are discussions to inform, reflect and not arguments to be won. "  

Posted Images

True. Most forums are just to plane. ;)

How does one plane on a forum? Is this like a wake board? Is that even in the GTSS? I think you should be down voted for suggesting dangerous activities.

• 6 months later...

I thought this would be worth resurrecting since there was some dialogue about it on another thread. It seems that some folks treat a down-vote as some kind of scarlet letter. And maybe for other forums, that's true.

I stand by my comfort with down-votes for anything that folks dislike. Far from being unbecoming of a scout, I consider them to be a friendly gesture. It's useful to know when someone disagrees with me. That disagreement may mean they are offended by my comment, or they think it is just plain stupid. If a couple thousand points get shaved off of my reputation, that may spare some scouter reading my drivel and mistaking it for ex cathedra of some uber scouter. Most of what I write is to help me think through and hone what I may say to someone in person.

"Sad" and "confused" are nice touches. But a comment with a mix of up- and down- votes lets us know that not everyone in the scouter-verse thinks the way we do.

If something is patently offensive, ad homenim, or mere money grubbing, use "report post" and ask the mods to clean it up. If it's disagreeable -1 now, explain when time allows you.

• Upvote 1

Thread got closed more for being totally unrelated to the original topic. Not the content of the totally off topic posts. :p

9 minutes ago, HelpfulTracks said:

For the record, I was clowning around about the Super Soakers at 20 paces.

I thought it was funny.

I guess I was wrong.

• Thanks 1

I think the thread manipulation (spin offs, close outs, deletions) seem to be getting out of hand. I know things meander off course but now things read more fragmented than before...natural conversations seem to wander off course. I can see Moderator intervention if folks are getting kinda rude but is kinda taking the fun of the forum...you know the whole Campfire metaphor. That is my two cents. 

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1