Rejected Adult Application

I just found out tonight that he is letting his scouts decide if they want to go to another troop. The boys went to the SM and CC and asked if they could meet with the council and discuss the unfounded accusations with them and let them know that the troop and scouts are going to be the ones hurt by this decision. 

Of course the scouts can decide if they want to go to another troop. They don't need his permission, or anyone else's.

He should not be involving the boys in his dispute. The boys won't be hurt because he is not an ASM. They might be hurt if the adults keep involving them in their adult dramas.

I think the IH and COR are entirely correct in their decision to not allow the boys to be used in an effort to intervene in the adult leader selection process.

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Let it go legal.  That legalese letterhead will definitely catch their attention and they won't assume this request will just go away over time.   By the way, how does one hold high security clearan

As a former pastor, I can assure you no one fights dirtier than churches.  They hold the best grudges and rumor monger better than anyone out there even those promoting Fake News.    I attend church

I'm reminded of something a fellow student told me while I was attending a religious college many years ago.   Late one night, after discussing a recent scandal at the school involving another student

You would be surprised how many people will think along the lines of "This is Scouts, what does the church have to do with it?"

That's my area. I cannot think of a CO, besides LDS, that has anything to really do with Scouting. They treat most units as renters rather than as extensions of their ministry. We've tried for years to work with our CO to get closer. We're treated like those cousins you tolerate because they're nice, kind and polite -- and always bring that green marshmallow thing to Thanksgiving -- but we're not *really* considered family.

• Upvote 1

That's my area. I cannot think of a CO, besides LDS, that has anything to really do with Scouting. They treat most units as renters rather than as extensions of their ministry. We've tried for years to work with our CO to get closer. 

I can't quite tell if the OP wants more unit autonomy or a better relationship with the CO.

Whether the CO wants to get involved or not, it's still their program. 

You would be surprised how many people will think along the lines of "This is Scouts, what does the church have to do with it?"

As mentioned above, they own it, they sponsor it, they provide the tax exemption, etc.  What other people think and what constitute reality are often two entirely different issues.

That's my area. I cannot think of a CO, besides LDS, that has anything to really do with Scouting. They treat most units as renters rather than as extensions of their ministry. We've tried for years to work with our CO to get closer. We're treated like those cousins you tolerate because they're nice, kind and polite -- and always bring that green marshmallow thing to Thanksgiving -- but we're not *really* considered family.

And if, like in this care, they DO get more involved, it's a bad thing?

One minute I hear, the CO ignores us, the next minute the COR wants to do the rechartering.....???? It's their charter!  Why shouldin't they have some oversight on it.

I can't quite tell if the OP wants more unit autonomy or a better relationship with the CO.

I'm a bit confused too, even with everyone answering a vague OP.

• Upvote 2