Rejected Adult Application

So much for "if you remember your brother has anything against you ..." :(

I laugh on Sundays during lunch out with friends. The rudest people are those who've just left church. It's not just Christians either.

I hope this guy finds a new troop. Would serve the old CO right for losing him. Not a Christian attitude but certainly a Biblical one.

• Upvote 1
  • Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Let it go legal.  That legalese letterhead will definitely catch their attention and they won't assume this request will just go away over time.   By the way, how does one hold high security clearan

As a former pastor, I can assure you no one fights dirtier than churches.  They hold the best grudges and rumor monger better than anyone out there even those promoting Fake News.    I attend church

I'm reminded of something a fellow student told me while I was attending a religious college many years ago.   Late one night, after discussing a recent scandal at the school involving another student

If the applicant works for DoD or a DoD contractor, the Office of Personnel Management has already breached his information...several times.  I know, I got free "credit monitoring" , not that it's worth anything.

I feel for the guy.  But I really feel for the Scouts since they are the ones going to get hurt the most.

My troop growing up was in a similar situation. We had a church council member very anti-Boy Scout. She eventually became the IH, and expressed her displeasure with the troop by calling the police on us for trespassing when we over the scheduled time for an Eagle Court of Honor. Eventually the troop moved to a different CO that wanted us.

I'm reminded of something a fellow student told me while I was attending a religious college many years ago.   Late one night, after discussing a recent scandal at the school involving another student and his local church:

"The Lord definitely sends His people to this college.  The problem is, the Devil sends his people too."

• Upvote 2

Good news and Bad News.  The guys scouts visited another troop and it just so happened that they were having a Flag Retirement Ceremony.  The Troop is small and the boys were welcomed and even participated in a skit.  Bad News, guy meets with Institutional Head and they have no idea what happened to application.  They don't appear to care about it.

Good news and Bad News.  The guys scouts visited another troop and it just so happened that they were having a Flag Retirement Ceremony.  The Troop is small and the boys were welcomed and even participated in a skit.  Bad News, guy meets with Institutional Head and they have no idea what happened to application.  They don't appear to care about it.

Ranman, further proof that your friend is better off elsewhere....

IH/COR has no idea?  I think we know that app is in a folder, in a safe place, but they'll deny it.  Pending an outside agency making a formal inquiry, that is.

• Upvote 2
  • 4 months later...

Update to the previous Troop.  During our District Commissioner Meeting the other night we were having discussion about a problem Charter Organization and COR.  It just so happens that we have a Venture Crew Leader that moved here from over seas.  He is in the military.  He was assigned the "problem" Troop in early August after the previous problems settled down (he was not aware of most of it).  Things apparently were going well until recently when it was time to do recharter.  The UC had never had any dealings with the CO or COR because they are usually absent.  The COR now wants to get involved in the recharter process.  The CC has been doing the recharter for over 10 years and never had a problem.  Not sure what the exact problem was but the COR contacted the UC many times to complain about the process.  The end result is the new Unit Commissioner has recommended that the Troop find another Charter Organization or the Charter Organization assign a new COR as there is a major disconnect and the Troop is not receiving the resources from the CO that it needs to thrive.  Imagine that, I said that months ago. 

A few years ago the Cub Scout Pack he was the Cubmaster for left this CO. 

If this is so, then the CO would already have his information from his CM application. I wonder how the information on his ASM application is so different from his earlier CM application that he feels a such a strong need to have it returned.

The SSN is only supposed to be on the council copy of the application anyway, so it can be used for the criminal background check. The space for the SSN is blacked out on the unit copy. Which of course does not mean that there isn't other personal information on the application, so an app that is rejected by the CO should immediately be returned to the applicant.

I might be inclined to agree with you if this was a first time applicant. 

The Council told the CC that starting with this guys application, they were going to review and approve all Adult Applications.

I think you meant to say that the Chartered Organization is going to review and approve all adult applications. I think this is a very good idea. 

If this is so, then the CO would already have his information from his CM application. I wonder how the information on his ASM application is so different from his earlier CM application that he feels a such a strong need to have it returned.

In my opinion it doesn't matter why he wants it back, and it also doesn't matter that the CO may already have most or all of the information. If it was rejected and the applicant wants it back, he should get it back.  But it appears that the application is "lost" so there probably isn't anything that can be done about it anyway.

Why is it so strange that the COR be involved in the rechartering process.  After all, isn't he/she the one ultimately responsible for the membership make-up of the CO's unit?

You would be surprised how many people will think along the lines of "This is Scouts, what does the church have to do with it?"

• Upvote 1