Was wondering if anyone else was having this problem:

• Using Windows 10. Chrome, IE and Edge.
  • Go to training manager and pull up the training dashboard.
  • Try to link to and download the training report (either report).
  • A new page comes up that says "Service" at the top. The text underneath reads "Endpoint not found. Please see the service help page for constructing valid requests to the service."

No report. No pdf. Nothing.

Anyone else having problems accessing this information from Windows 10?

"endpoint not found" ... argh.  Dealing with stuff like that at work.   :(  

I've been hugely disappointed in the new training web site.  Need to take lots of medium sized modules to get trained in one position.  It's overwhelming to coordinate.

Edited by fred johnson
  • Upvote 2

"endpoint not found" ... argh.  Dealing with stuff like that at work.   :(  

I've been hugely disappointed in the new training web site.  Need to take lots of medium sized modules to get trained in one position.  It's overwhelming to coordinate.

I know enough that "end point not found" is an application error. So I suspect BSA might have updated their application recently and just have not discovered this error.

Of course it brings up a more disturbing issue: Clearly BSA does not test out code releases in a testing environment and run it through quality and change control before releasing it to their members.  :mad:

Or if they DO test, their QA process stinks.  :cool:

Edited by Col. Flagg

I can't ever get the print training report for my unit to work.  Any tips on that?

That's the thing, the application will not render the report for you to print or view. At least, not from that main screen.

You can do this:

• Go to the main training screen outlined above.
  • Click on "search training" icon.
  • Select the names of the adults you want, then click "print report".

The system appears to let you do that, though I just did that and the application is hung.  :rolleyes:

Have you tried calling their customer service?  I recently had to do and I have to say I was pleasantly surprised - especially since I had previously emailed them and got back an answer that obviously would not solve my problem, and when I emailed them that their solution would not work, I never heard from them again. (The problem had to do with my account name, which had worked on myscouting.org, but did not work on my.scouting.org.).  When I called, I was expecting to be on hold for at least 30-45 minutes and then be bounced from person to person until, hopefully, someone knew what I was talking about and could help me. So imagine my shock when a person picked up the phone after 5 minutes, and that person knew what I was talking about and knew how to fix it, and fixed it.  She was very professional and helpful.  (The actual fixing took about 20 minutes, but that was just how the system worked.)

It is so rare that I have anything positive to say about anything connected with the workings of National, I thought that in fairness I should mention this.  :)

• Upvote 2

Have you tried calling their customer service?  I recently had to do and I have to say I was pleasantly surprised - especially since I had previously emailed them and got back an answer that obviously would not solve my problem, and when I emailed them that their solution would not work, I never heard from them again. (The problem had to do with my account name, which had worked on myscouting.org, but did not work on my.scouting.org.).  When I called, I was expecting to be on hold for at least 30-45 minutes and then be bounced from person to person until, hopefully, someone knew what I was talking about and could help me. So imagine my shock when a person picked up the phone after 5 minutes, and that person knew what I was talking about and knew how to fix it, and fixed it.  She was very professional and helpful.  (The actual fixing took about 20 minutes, but that was just how the system worked.)

It is so rare that I have anything positive to say about anything connected with the workings of National, I thought that in fairness I should mention this.   :)

I too would like to give their customer service some praise.  I had an issue with duplicate IDs and training under both.  They were able to work with me on getting them merged fairly easily and the support rep was pleasant to work with. 

I called them and they said it is a known issue they are trying to fix

+1 for their live customer service. I know a few of the folks who work there and they are good folks.

-1 for their testing and change control around their applications. My friends tell me there are few controls in place you would find in other IT shops. They keep trying to suggest changes to avoid such things but those in charge are reluctant to change.

30f.jpg

Do they still have non-IT folks in charge of the IT department?  I remember when SCOUTNET 2000 was coming out, and a former Scout Executive with no IT experience whatsoever was put in charge of the SCOUTNET 2000 program.

• Upvote 1

UPDATE: Appears the ability to access YPT and training reports is back up. The training report to pdf is functioning again. The report on YPT presents as a long screen spreadsheet which can be sorted or downloaded to CSV.