Need some Help; McManners' COMPLETE WILDERNESS....

Need some help folks, and I know someone here has the book and can help.  Hugh Manners wrote The Complete Wilderness Training Manual which the BSA adopted when he revised it. I am guessing he published several variations of this book to boot since when I look him up on Amazon, several books he wrote have either variations of the title and/or the same images as the original.

Anyway, could whomever has that book post the contents of his recommended survival kit as wells as the preferred knife to have?

I had the library's copy of the book, but believe my wife returned it before I was finished with it. And I know for a fact I cannot get it before I need to post survival kit items because the day I checked it out, a Webelos saw it at my house, and got his mom to reserve it for him.

Thanks in advance.

I had the library's copy of the book, but believe my wife returned it before I was finished with it. And I know for a fact I cannot get it before I need to post survival kit items because the day I checked it out, a Webelos saw it at my house, and got his mom to reserve it for him.

Well, I can't help you.  But this part made me laugh!

• Upvote 1

Yes, I'm a corrupting influence on Webelos :)  Best recruiting we ever did growing up was wilderness survival camp outs with Webelos. OK not individual shelters, patrol size shelters. And they ate it up. This particular Webelos joined my troop's Wilderness Survival weekend to work on Castaway. And ate it up.

• Upvote 1