Scout authored How I prepared for 2017 Jambo

http://www.fdlreporter.com/story/life/2017/06/13/how-prepared-2017-national-boy-scout-jamboree/393527001/

Editor’s note: This is the first in a trio of columns which will describe a local boy scout’s experience with the 2017 National Boy Scout Jamboree. A Jamboree happens once every four years.

an excerpt:

More than 100 scouts attended this year's Shakedown, and the activates were focused on team-building. I usually do not enjoy team-building activities but these were very fun. I participated in a sponge launch, nine-square, “put the bomb in the bucket†game, and a “sharks and minnows†remake.

We also watched videos that explain things on what was going to happen at the Jamboree. We also received our official Jamboree gear such as patches, water bottles, a duffel bag and day pack.

When we go the actual Jamboree, July 14 to 28, the first part of our journey will include visiting the Battle of Gettysburg site, The Tomb of the Unknown Soldier, touring Washington D.C., going to the National Zoo and visiting various museums.

fun to read a scout's perspective

• Upvote 1