Need a 2015 Guide to Advancement

The 2017 Guide to Advancement is out, and I've been asked in my capacity as District Merit Badge Dean to prepare an analysis of what changes were made to the Merit Badge process.  I've read the new GTA, and I think there are changes.

However, I can't find a 2015 GTA to compare.  I've always just looked online and not saved a copy, and now every 2015 GTA has disappeared, and scouting.org doesn't appear to have old versions of things archived (which makes sense, because you wouldn't want people searching and finding information in outdated guides).

Can anyone lead me to a 2015 GTA?

Thanks,

Dave

The 2017 Guide to Advancement is out, and I've been asked in my capacity as District Merit Badge Dean to prepare an analysis of what changes were made to the Merit Badge process.  I've read the new GTA, and I think there are changes.

According to this doc, such changes will be laid out in this newsletter. Can email them here advancement.team@@scouting.org.

Page 7 of the most current GTA has an overview of major changes.

According to this doc, such changes will be laid out in this newsletter. Can email them here advancement.team@@scouting.org.

Page 7 of the most current GTA has an overview of major changes.

Thank you.  I've read those, but I'm looking to do a deep analysis and see the "minor changes" as well as the major ones.  I've got an email out to our whole advancement committee, in the hopes that one of them downloaded a 2015 version.

Thank you.  I've read those, but I'm looking to do a deep analysis and see the "minor changes" as well as the major ones.  I've got an email out to our whole advancement committee, in the hopes that one of them downloaded a 2015 version.

I'd lean on BSA to provide that comparison. If they can't provide it, it will take you a long time to do a comparison.

I'd lean on BSA to provide that comparison. If they can't provide it, it will take you a long time to do a comparison.

It took me about an hour to highlight the Merit Badge sections (section 7) in both the 2015 and 2017 guides to show what was deleted, added and changed.  I'm very happy to report that there were a few wording improvements, a few additional sentences and a few removed sentences, but almost no change, and no material change.  The MB process is exactly the same, as is the process for selecting and approving counselors, etc.

You are right that reviewing the entire book would be a big task!

One of our advancement committee members had hear rumors that there were big changes in the MB process, but happily these rumors appear to be unfounded!