Request for Summer Camp Suggestions

Check the ammo, there's field load and target load.  It takes less powder of the target load to bring down a clay pigeon and one can shoot all afternoon without getting sore. 

When I was at summer camp we shot clay with a .22 with bird shot loads.  We got real good at hitting moving targets, had to.  :)

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I wanted to thank everybody for their recommendations.  I mentally coorelated it and passed it on to my nephew, so he could make an informed decision on his own. 

If merit badges will help, I'd recommend 2 or 3.  One of them should be swimming or pioneering or such, outdoor oriented.   Random thoughts:   - Being homesick is normal...even if home wasn't so g

One caution I would give is that in your initial post you talk about the collective wisdom here being against an over emphasis of taking a lot of merit badges at camp.  I think you're reading our sent

I believe my camp is the best with the best staff.  Couple of unique courses like L.O.S.T and mountain man and a few others.  (Yea I am bias)

Two styles of camping

1. Primitive - Cherokee side of camp  (cook your own food)

2. Amenities - Osage Side (dine in our world class newly renovated Dining hall)

http://www.kiakima.net/

I believe my camp is the best with the best staff.  Couple of unique courses like L.O.S.T and mountain man and a few others.  (Yea I am bias)

Two styles of camping

1. Primitive - Cherokee side of camp  (cook your own food)

2. Amenities - Osage Side (dine in our world class newly renovated Dining hall)

http://www.kiakima.net/

Nice camp. Two things: 1) Need a shuttle or more time to get from one end of camp to the water front, 2) Crazy amount of ticks!!!

Nice camp. Two things: 1) Need a shuttle or more time to get from one end of camp to the water front, 2) Crazy amount of ticks!!!

LOL your are correct about the Ticks! IF you stay at Cherokee then you're right there at the Water Front. 

• Upvote 1