I rejoined Scouting about a year ago, as an assistant Scoutmaster of a Troop in the Grand Teton Council of Idaho and Wyoming.

I am an Eagle Scout, class of 1981, from the now-defunct Long Rivers Council in Connecticut.

I was an assistant Scoutmaster with my home troop as a young man while attending college at the University of Connecticut, where I was also a member of Alpha Phi Omega, Delta Sigma chapter.

I spent eight years on Summer Camp staff at the Lake of Isles Scout Reservation in North Stonington, Connecticut. I went from CIT to Program Director.

I attended the 1977 National Jamboree at Moraine (should have been "More Rain" as we were washed out) State Park, Pennsylvania.

My favorite trip, though, was going to Philmont Scout Ranch in New Mexico during the summer of 1979.

RE: Eagle in KY,

According to our group photo, our crew number was 707B-4, so our first day was the 7th of July in 1979. It was my first cross-country bus tour. Back then, military bases used to let us use the WWII-era barracks to sleep overnight.