summer camp - tent camping count

It doesn't, but I think that's what a "long-term camping experience" is.  It's just one possible interpretation. And the requirement doesn't say "Scouting events", it says "Scouting activities and events."  The trek could just as easily be a series of camping experiences that are part of "Scouting activities."  But as I said, it's never going to matter so nobody is ever going to have to decide which is the correct interpretation.

Well, that's not true. this interpretation is made for a lot of Scouts every year. I have 75 Scouts, of which 35 will have this interpretation made for them this summer.

High adventure is pretty clearly a "long-term camping experience" which is a BSA "event or activity". Interpreting it as six one day events or overnights is a bit disingenuous. 

Okay, take the last week of summer camp, immediately followed by a week of NYLT, and make sure the troop leaves for BWCA right away after that.  I'm thinking one could almost knock out close to all 20 at one time if they played their cards right.  The only catch is consecutive nights, not locations.

Okay, take the last week of summer camp, immediately followed by a week of NYLT, and make sure the troop leaves for BWCA right away after that.  I'm thinking one could almost knock out close to all 20 at one time if they played their cards right.  The only catch is consecutive nights, not locations.

How. That's three long camps.

Yep, I forgot that it just wasn't consecutive nights, it's limited to six.

We had one boy get sick on Wednesday and went home.  He was feeling better.  Sun - Tue (3 days) Thu - Fri (2 days)  No long term camping.  Got in 5 days, no ding for summer camp.

Thank you all for pitching in, it is a lot clearer for me now, just as a side note, we go a day before the camp officially opens and we (the scouts) do pitch our own tents. This forum is really great, tons of information and knowledge, thank you ... An educated parent translates to a great son's scouting experience ...

• Upvote 2