New merit badges "coming soon"

Well, the signs were put up only yesterday morning. I was at the shop Saturday, and they weren't there. Then when I went over yesterday they were moving everything around, and I noticed the signs while lost in the mess. I asked about them, and the manager said they had just put them up. So the status change on these must be recent, although certainly surprising. 

I know, let's ask someone at national for clarification. That will clear things up with a simple yes or no.  :rolleyes:

Note: Shot a note off to a few folks I knew on one of the drafting committees for the computer-based MBs. They were told the MBs (particularly Advanced Computing) were "dead". The reason given was lack of agreement on what constituted "advanced computing" and what it should include. No one I contacted has had anything further to do with the MB.

I know, let's ask someone at national for clarification. That will clear things up with a simple yes or no.  :rolleyes:

Note: Shot a note off to a few folks I knew on one of the drafting committees for the computer-based MBs. They were told the MBs (particularly Advanced Computing) were "dead". The reason given was lack of agreement on what constituted "advanced computing" and what it should include. No one I contacted has had anything further to do with the MB.

I would love to see a quantum computing MB.

Requirement #1, from the set of all words in all MB pamphlets ever written, consider all possible requirements for this badge simultaneously.

Requirement #2, using a weighting scheme suggested by your counselor, determine the optimal requirements for this badge.

The patch itself would look like all possible patches, until you stop looking at it. :ph34r:

Edited by qwazse
  • Upvote 1

The patch itself would look like all possible patches, until you stop looking at it. :ph34r:

That sounds similar to the Quantum Mechanics merit badge, which appears as all possible patches until someone actually DOES look at it, thus collapsing its wavefunction.