Could a 9-year-old join Scouts?

Has anyone mentioned that it is written one way in one publication and another way in a different publication?

What about that there are 2 clauses, not 3? Just checking.

//I present my horse for sacrifice ;)

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Who would actually WANT a 9-year old in their troop?  My older scouts don't even like associating with the 11-year olds, let alone a nine year old.  I can see a LOT of home-sickness at campouts and su

I read it as 10 and completed AOL or 5th grade. Like Chisos said, fil out the app and let the council decide. However, I think the question becomes SHOULD.   Should a 9 year old join Boy Scouts? Fro

Boolean Logic = 5th grade or AOL is first then the age is added in.   So the three choices are   1) 11 years old 2) 10 years old and 5th grade 3) 10 years old and AOL   Sorry, but I think Doog

.... fond memories traveling poor and ordering horse steaks in .2 Kg slices ... then tenderizing to country fry ...

@@CherokeeScouter, pick a best answer so Flagg can justify his indignation.

I need no validation of my indignation. It's clear...and has been since 2004. You have to be AT LEAST 10 to join Cubs. Done. Next topic. ;)

Edited by Col. Flagg
  • Upvote 1

Who would actually WANT a 9-year old in their troop?  My older scouts don't even like associating with the 11-year olds, let alone a nine year old.  I can see a LOT of home-sickness at campouts and summer camp.  Don't rush things! 

• Upvote 3

You guys are too funny. Since I am the OP, indulge me and let me the drop the mic on this one. 

Tx for explaining it,  though. 

But you need a gif to punctuate it or it does not work.  ;)

[like how I tied the mic drop to Captain Obvious and the overall tenor of the thread?]

tenor.gif

Edited by Col. Flagg

Who would actually WANT a 9-year old in their troop?  My older scouts don't even like associating with the 11-year olds, let alone a nine year old.  I can see a LOT of home-sickness at campouts and summer camp.  Don't rush things! 

Hmmmmm, you have older scouts that really don't like associating with the new guys?  That's not what some have been trying to tell me because what you're saying seems to fit my units and those in my neighborhood, too.

You try putting all those new guys into existing patrols?  How's that working out?

There are age limitations for a reason.... they make age appropriate activities applicable. 

You guys are too funny. Since I am the OP, indulge me and let me the drop the mic on this one. 

Tx for explaining it,  though. 

Mic dropped by OP, topic locked.

Edited by RememberSchiff
  • Upvote 1