Adult Uniform Shirts in Tall sizes?

Go to solution Solved by Cleveland Rocks,

Do they make uniform shirts in tall sizes?  I'm getting tired of raising my arms over my head or doing the cub scout sign and then having to retuck in my shirt because it's too short for me.  Thanks in advance! 

I have a longer one marked Men's long LG (16-16 1/2).  I don't know if the long designation was for the torso length or the long sleeves but it is quite a bit longer in the torso than my other shirts.                                                                    

• Solution

The supply division offers made-to-measure uniform shirts and pants.  Just fill out the form and submit it to the supply division. You can also turn it in at a national Scout Shop, too.

You can have minor changes to an off-the-rack shirt or pants, or have major changes done if you need something built from scratch:

http://www.scoutstuff.org/media/content/docs/pdfs/5767_MadeToMeasureForm_shirt.pdf

http://www.scoutstuff.org/media/content/docs/pdfs/7419-104590_Revise_Made_To_Measure_Form_Edit.pdf

I've had fellow Scouters use this service and they were happy with the results.

• Upvote 2

The supply division offers made-to-measure uniform shirts and pants.  Just fill out the form and submit it to the supply division. You can also turn it in at a national Scout Shop, too.

You can have minor changes to an off-the-rack shirt or pants, or have major changes done if you need something built from scratch:

http://www.scoutstuff.org/media/content/docs/pdfs/5767_MadeToMeasureForm_shirt.pdf

http://www.scoutstuff.org/media/content/docs/pdfs/7419-104590_Revise_Made_To_Measure_Form_Edit.pdf

perfect, thanks! 

• 6 months later...

do you know if there was much of a price difference between made to measure vs normal ones at the scout shop?

Edited by scotteg83

do you know if there was much of a price difference between made to measure vs normal ones at the scout shop?

I'm not sure. I've never had to take advantage of this service, so I'm not familiar with their pricing. I'm sure it would be customized depending on the amount of work needed to be done.

I'm not sure. I've never had to take advantage of this service, so I'm not familiar with their pricing. I'm sure it would be customized depending on the amount of work needed to be done.

actually just emailed them and got a respone, range is $69.99 up to  $89.99

I do not see a reason why you may need a custom unless you are too tall.

I’m 6’2’’, average weight, and a Adult Large is big on me.

Sometimes its not the how tall you are, but how big your belly is

... or how skinny you are. My brother had to get a customized shirt when he was the Cubmaster for his first son's Pack; he is 6'2 but has a 14" neck and a 31" waist. Oh, and his arm span is 6'5 (long, ropey arms define the anatomy of my family. We're basically built like gibbons, lol).

Luckily I am much shorter and not quite as slender as he is, so I get by with my off-the-rack shirt for now. But I am saving up for a nice, new, well-fitted shirt and fitted pants so that my Scout uniform can fit as nicely as the rest of my wardrobe. Thanks for letting me know the price range for these things!

Edited by The Latin Scot

... or how skinny you are. My brother had to get a customized shirt when he was the Cubmaster for his first son's Pack; he is 6'2 but has a 14" neck and a 31" waist. Oh, and his arm span is 6'5 (long, ropey arms define the anatomy of my family. We're basically built like gibbons, lol).

Luckily I am much shorter and not quite as slender as he is, so I get by with my off-the-rack shirt for now. But I am saving up for a nice, new, well-fitted shirt and fitted pants so that my Scout uniform can fit as nicely as the rest of my wardrobe. Thanks for letting me know the price range for these things!

the price range is really what makes the difference in my mind.  Originally my wife was thinking to take a shirt to a professional to get tailored, but its worth it to just buy a custom fit

• 3 years later...

Sorry to rehash this, but it is a forever thing for me...

I am 6'5" and 350... I have been dealing with a 4xl shirt for some time with plans on buying a pair of custom shirts and always having issue tucking it in.  I am really frustrated that BSA Apparel can't properly accommodate all sizes not making custom crap.  There are specific dimensions for 2XLT, 3XLT, 4XLT etc that are industry standard. I should not have to provide custom numbers for them as I wont get it right... you really can't measure yourself and I am not a seamstress. I can count at least a dozen fellow scouters who are in the tall range for sizes.

Also I just went through OA Ordeal and would love to get a red Wool Jacket but not available in my size.