It looks like I'll be singing...

I used to be a staffer, a good old staffer too...

It is quite an honor to be asked to serve on staff, when I looked at my calendar, I was amazed to only find one conflict with a unit camp out!

Congrats!  Will you be serving as Troop Guide?

Oh no, I'm not at that level.  I'm doing what they call JASM Tech, way more my speed.  Maybe one day I will be troop guide material. 

Is that taking care of the technology for the course?  Regardless, be a part of the fellowship and camaraderie is very energizing. 

That is the job, and assembling slide shows, helping the historian and scribe, making sure projectors and audio systems work.  I'm really looking forward to it.

Oh no, I'm not at that level.  I'm doing what they call JASM Tech, way more my speed.  Maybe one day I will be troop guide material. 

That is interesting. Troop Guide is an entry level position in our council. Doesn't matter really, you are part of a team that makes a difference.

Barry

That is the job, and assembling slide shows, helping the historian and scribe, making sure projectors and audio systems work.  I'm really looking forward to it.

The closest thing to AV we got in WB was a flip-chart.

That is interesting. Troop Guide is an entry level position in our council. Doesn't matter really, you are part of a team that makes a difference.

Barry

I think that is pretty standard.  My comment was more along the lines of, I'm not ready.  I'm not sure I'm the best fit for a TG or a QM.  A lack of pizazz I guess you could say.  I'm more focused and reserved.  I'm sure they'll cure me of that eventually. 

"JASMTech".   Sounds like a Second Assistant Quarter Master to me.   Don't get me wrong,  there are "no small parts, only small actors".   You may well be the fellow that knows where the fuse box is....  

I was an AQM, and had a good time.  I had to know where anything was, in what box, on what shelf, AND tag along with the CD as the Bugler....

We had a similar role too. It's interesting to me how the different courses approach things.

Our AV person did a TON of work. He had to manage mulitiple projectors/screens, a sound system, multiple wireless and wired microphones. He had to do sound checks for all presenters. Some microphones were good for some presenters, but not others. He checked every presentation - many of which had embedded media. He figured out background music at key points - which really helped with the atmosphere.

A very important role! In fact, in our course, it's a role you worked up to. It took at least three courses to work up to it.

"JASMTech".   Sounds like a Second Assistant Quarter Master to me.   Don't get me wrong,  there are "no small parts, only small actors".   You may well be the fellow that knows where the fuse box is....  

I was an AQM, and had a good time.  I had to know where anything was, in what box, on what shelf, AND tag along with the CD as the Bugler....

It did seem like an AQM sort of role, but our course format puts it under the program.  And I'm sure I'll be busy.