Any YPT experts out there?

We have a new scout that is joining that may require adult intervention a couple times a night and monitoring during the day as well.  I would like to privately chat about how you have dealt with this situation before.  I certainly don't want to see anything like this prevent him from scouting.

Thanks in Advance

""Adult intervention""?    If it involves going INTO the tent/cabin,  that would need a parent or guardian.  Emergency situations?  You do what needs to be done, deal with the legalities later. Speak at length with the parents.  Maybe might need TWO adults for an "intervention" to meet the requirements.  In general, do everything in public view.   At the Jamboree, I was asked to counsel some troubled Scouts.  I would say  "step into my office" and sit down in a field 20 yards away from the camp, where everyone can see, but we can speak quietly.  

We are  here for the Scout. Thank YOU,  Mash (may I be so familiar?) for your work on behalf of our future.  

• Upvote 2

""Adult intervention""?    If it involves going INTO the tent/cabin,  that would need a parent or guardian.  Emergency situations?  You do what needs to be done, deal with the legalities later. Speak at length with the parents.  Maybe might need TWO adults for an "intervention" to meet the requirements.  In general, do everything in public view.   At the Jamboree, I was asked to counsel some troubled Scouts.  I would say  "step into my office" and sit down in a field 20 yards away from the camp, where everyone can see, but we can speak quietly.  

We are  here for the Scout. Thank YOU,  Mash (may I be so familiar?) for your work on behalf of our future.  

Thanks SSScout, I am working with the parents currently to try to find the best situation.  Your notes jive with my initial thoughts and I am chatting with Stosh to get his opinions as well.  

Just one last comment...we have several scouts who are on the autism spectrum and are very difficult in many ways. We flat out tell the parents that they have to be present, esp. on campouts, if their son is to participate. This is precisely one reason. Also, we don't ever want to be in a he said/she said situation should anything come up. You might consider that, and then the parent or guardian will be there to take care of that.