A Scout is... honest?

Girl Scout Cookie sales soar with brutally honest opinions of  "THE COOKIES"   : 

http://www.cbsnews.com/videos/girl-scout-makes-honesty-her-policy-for-cookie-sales/

Thank you , Charlotte McCourt.

And mentioned by Mike Rowe:  scroll down to  19 February:   https://www.facebook.com/TheRealMikeRowe/

Edited by SSScout

Thin Mints! vs. Samoans (or whatever PC name they use now)  Unfortunately the problem for me is 1 box is a single serving.  At least I have been able to solve the problem with not enough room in the freezer for only a once a year purchase, I have resorted to making my own.  Sadly their sale at my house has gone down over the years.  But, any girl that shows up at my door in uniform is guaranteed a nice sale.

As far as one person liking Do-Si-Do's goes, not all GS cookies are made at the same bakery.  Even the titles on the boxes vary from one place in the country to another.  Maybe some really are bland and unoriginal.  It might be the bakery, not the cookie.

As far as one person liking Do-Si-Do's goes, not all GS cookies are made at the same bakery.  Even the titles on the boxes vary from one place in the country to another.  Maybe some really are bland and unoriginal.  It might be the bakery, not the cookie.

You know, you're ruining my vision of do-si-dos being a small, baked gift handed down to man directly from God, delivered to earth on a glorious chariot flanked by angels. 

• Upvote 1

Girl Scouts uses 2 bakers for cookies Little Brownie Bakers and ABC bakers.  Depending on which bakery your local council has contracted with will determine your type of cookies.  For example, Little Brownie has Do Si Dos, and ABC has caramel delights kinda the same cookie but different names. The only thing in common is both bakeries is that they use the named Thin Mints for that cookie.

Edited to say that both now used the name Girl Scout Smore for the new cookie, however the cookies are different.  Don't even get me started on that one.

Edited by GSMOM73

No PC issue.  "Sampos" not "Samoan."  Here is GSUSA's "explanation":  

"Why did the Girl Scouts rename Samoas?

Those are the only two companies licensed to make official Girl Scout cookies, but each owns its recipes and cookie names. So the cookies formerly known as Samoas— vanilla cookies coated in caramel, sprinkled with toasted coconut and laced with chocolate stripes — are now Caramel deLites.Jan 14, 2011."

"So" ????????????

Does this really mean they dropped the company that owns "Samoas" and "so" can't use it anymore?

If you get Caramel de lites in your area that means the local Girl Scout coucil get their cookies from ABC bakery.  The Samaos are still being made by Little Brownie bakery, and I am about to get me some this Saturday when dd cookies come in.

There are two bakeries and each council has to option choosing which one to get cookies from.  I really don't the reason for the different names, but it most likely do to trademarks and copyrights.

• 3 months later...

I must be unusual, in that I seem to be the only Girl Scout parent who prefers the Toffee-Tastic cookies (the ones Charlotte rates as "bleak and flavorless"). I'm the only one who ever buys them from our troop, and I think they're delicious - though they're probably really bad for my waistline.

Edited by Beery

Thought you would all like a bit of trivia:

Thin Mints (made by both firms) make up 25% of all cookie sales

Caramel DeLites/Samoas = 19%

Peanut butter Sandwich/Do-si-dos = $16%

Peanut Butter Patties/Tagalongs = 13%

Lemonades (ABC Baking only) = 9%

Short Bread/Trefoils = 7%

Thanks-a-Lot (ABC Baking only) = 6%

In paired cookie names, the first is an ABC Baking name and the second is a Little Brownie Baker cookie.

Ember - Do-si-does are not little gifts handed down by God and carried to us by angels in chariots.  God doesn't have time to bake.  However, Do-si-does are made by the next best thing - Little Elves living and working in a complex of treehouses.  Little Brownie Bakers is a division of Keebler (which I think explains why I prefer the LBB cookies over the ABC cookies).