re-joining OA in a new lodge?

I was a Brotherhood member of my Lodge while I was in high school, went off to college and life happened. My son is crossing over next week and I intend on following him to his troop as an adult leader. I've been his Den Leader since Tiger. I've been out of the OA for over 20 years. Do I need to be elected in again or can I just join the new Lodge? How does this work?

P.S. I am not in the same Council as I was when I was a scout.

I was a Brotherhood member of my Lodge while I was in high school, went off to college and life happened. My son is crossing over next week and I intend on following him to his troop as an adult leader. I've been his Den Leader since Tiger. I've been out of the OA for over 20 years. Do I need to be elected in again or can I just join the new Lodge? How does this work?

In my Council they will confirm your status and then you pay your dues. Done. You get a Lodge flap.

When I was in your shoes (new Lodge after time away) I just emailed my old council office, and asked for my OA records.  About 30 minutes later they sent me a ScoutNET printout with my ordeal/brotherhood/vigil dates.  Took it to the new council, paid my dues, and that was that.

That is pretty much how it works, but every lodge will have its own process.  My lodge has a form where you would fill out your information, ordeal date, brotherhood date, etc. & from what lodge.  If you had an OALM ID, you could put that on there.  Some lodges were better at keeping records than others and some these days are more picky than others in their verification.  Some have better online presence than others, some have lodge meetings or if it is broken into chapters, chapter meetings. 

I'm a chapter adviser, I get adults transferring in from lodges long ago every so often, it unusually goes well, even though it is a paper process.

I guess a good question is, why'd you wait?  Just because you have the blue loops doesn't mean you can't pay those dues and wear the lodge flap.  It is rare, but it happens.  My chapter is big on cub scout outreach, having a couple of adults from packs is helpful there.