What are your guidelines for Scout Appropriate skits?

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

coarse language: sure, but the occasional dab nabbit can be used for character development.   disparage a certain demographic: what about idiots? I understand not making fun of minorities, but the b

My unit has never objected to cross dressing.  The kids can wear either the plain cross or a crucifix. 

Sorry, but if adults are offended by Scout humor they can find another troop. They're boys and boys have weird, odd humor. No safe zones or trigger words. Don't like it, leave. There's plenty of time

@ Any skit that has to resort to one of those items to be "funny" is in desperate need of a little more imagination. There are hundreds if not thousands of skits available online, the vast majority of which are perfectly acceptable even under your stipulations. If the boys "can't find anything," its not from the lack of material as much as from the lack of trying.

Side note, I always find it amusing when people say "I never did/always did such-and-such, and I turned out okay!" I can't help but find myself asking, "but did you really?"  ;)

More imagination? These are pre-teen and teenage boys. Don't expect Hemingway.

And I can't help but find myself answering, "Yes, I did. Really!"

I guess if boys want to continue to do the "Important Papers" or the "The Viper Is Coming" skit, they'll have to provide a "Safe Zone" for those who might be scarred for life because of the sight of a roll of toilet paper! (Or, those who don't poop. Let's be all-inclusive here!) Oh, and "Crowbar From Sears" (How violent!)  Those time-tested skits do get a laugh from boys who have never seen them before.

Puh-leez!

Edited by frankpalazzi
  • Upvote 1
  • 4 weeks later...

Sorry, but if adults are offended by Scout humor they can find another troop. They're boys and boys have weird, odd humor. No safe zones or trigger words. Don't like it, leave. There's plenty of time for them to get offended and find safe zones in college.

Oddly enough, in my many years of Cub or Boy Scouting I've never heard a Scout complain about inappropriateness.

• Upvote 2