Superbowl or Tortoise and the Hare

Tonight's SMM will be about the Superbowl.  It is basically the same story as the tortoise and the hare.  Atlanta was up big, taunting the Patroits on the pick 6, but the Patriots didn't give up, they scored 31 straight points to win.  Always try your hardest to the end and don't get overconfident.  You may still lose but if you quit, that feeling will last forever.

"Slow and steady wins the race" is not the moral I take from the story. Talents are worthless unless used properly. The hare beating himself is what the tortoise needed to win a race he had no business even competing in. The Falcons and Patriots were far more evenly matched than those analogous animals. But since this isn't in I&P I should just say "Good message, @@mashmaster."  :)

YIS from Georgia,

Chadamus

As a Steeler's fan, I instinctively fear for any team who is up 14-0 early in the 1st half.

Snatching defeat from the jaws of victory ... it's an art form.

But, old-school W.Pa loves a good defense. My bottom line: if your team manages to sack Brady 4+ times, you've got mine beat. So, props to Houston and Atlanta for giving this old guy exactly what he wanted to see.

Edited by qwazse

Other moral of the story. Play a weak schedule in a weak division and get rewarded with 7 championship appearences. The Pats are good, but they have benefited from weak competition in the AFC.

Falcons played a much harder schedule. Played stronger teams in the playoffs and just ran out of gas.

Edited by Sentinel947

Other moral of the story. Play a weak schedule in a weak division and get rewarded with 7 championship appearences. The Pats are good, but they have benefited from weak competition in the AFC.

Falcons played a much harder schedule. Played stronger teams in the playoffs and just ran out of gas.

Go ahead, turn that knife! Teams who lose without giving up a touchdown aren't weak. They are just facing the Steelers. :excl:

Love the logic, it's totally the opposite of what I have seen.  Teams that play in tough divisions are stronger than those that compete with teams that provide no competition.

We had a large school in a rural area of the state that went to the state championship EVERY YEAR.  They had no competition from all the little schools surrounding them.  And every year they lost the first game of the tournament because the urban schools learned to play hard ball for a whole season.

I heard our local coach give a speech to the citizens in town after winning the state championship.  Our boys are good, the boys that sit the bench are just as good.  The reason?  Without a strong B-team on the bench to give them strong competition during practice every week, the A-team would never have made it.  Playing weak competition is like bench pressing 5#'s instead of 50#'s.