Leader that won't step up to the plate

I was a Leader this year and we had another leader that worked with me. Both of us were new leaders. I asked him time and time again to help organize a den meeting or to conduct a den meeting and he never did. He would just show up every week and ask what we were doing. He never attended District Rountable or the campouts. I tested him last week by sending him an e-mail as well as leaving him voicemail messages asking him to please conduct this weeks meeting. As I knew he would, he didn't bother to show up. Lukily I had planned the meeting. He wants to wear the uniform and stand around and talk but not do any of the work.

Not sure how else to handle him. Our cubmaster has agreed to have a chat with him. Upsets me because we do this for the boys and that obviously is not why he is doing it. Anyone else dealt with leaders like this?

Thanks.

Aren't you free to choose your assistants? I was, but maybe it's different in other packs. If he's not working out for you, replace him. Next step could be the CM or CC.

I actually had rotating Assistants when I did cubs. I had the parents fill out a talent sheet and I let them know by schedule when I'd be using them for my meetings. They would then share their talents with the den.