NCCS Statement on Recent Membership Changes

The last question and answer make me believe that we will be completely coed program soon.

Q.    Is there mounting pressure to be more inclusive and change your policies again?

A.     We understand and appreciate that the values and the lessons of Scouting are attractive to the entire family, so we are committed to identifying program options that will help us truly do so. This is an area that we will continue to thoughtfully evaluate in order to bring the benefits of Scouting to the greatest number of youth possible.

Eagle94-A1, there are several documents at that link.  I take it you are responding to the FAQ from the BSA (which I had not seen before although it seems to track closely with the language of the statement that I linked-to on the first page of this thread) and not the statement from the National Catholic Committee on Scouting.  Right?  I don't think the NCCS said anything about coed units.

• Upvote 1

Eagle94-A1, there are several documents at that link.  I take it you are responding to the FAQ from the BSA (which I had not seen before although it seems to track closely with the language of the statement that I linked-to on the first page of this thread) and not the statement from the National Catholic Committee on Scouting.  Right?  I don't think the NCCS said anything about coed units.

My comment was related to the BSA FAQ on the Jan 30, 2017 Eligibility Requirement Update which looks like it came from national BSA.

The FAQs did come straight from National. They actually came straight from Michael Surbaugh's assistant. I got forwarded a copy from my Scout executive due to me serving on the council executive board, and Michael Surbaugh's assistant was the original source of the e-mail.