Cub's ASL of Scout Law and Oath

Out of curiosity, anyone have problems following the the new Cub handbooks in understanding the way the scout law and oath is supposed to be signed in American Sign Language?  

Back in 2014 there were hardly any videos but today googled and saw several.  Had to shake my head when most of them were incorrectly signed.  For some it was so obvious the person was hearing, not Deaf.  I know they are trying to be helpful.

So let's see...

Is American Sign Language (ASL) English in sign language?

Can all deaf people lip read?

Can all Deaf people understand written English?

What is the most common misconception of ASL?

For ASL users, is English their first language?

There are English dialects that make it almost impossible to understand English from one part of the country to another.  The slang makes it even more difficult.  I do know that what I was taught as Sign Language is not what is taught in a classical ASL class. 

Why would ASL be any different than any other language with it's variants in every other word?  :)

If one is using just the alphabet for everything, they can communicate in any language with the Roman/Latin alphabet.  With a bit of adaptation they might be able to convert it over to the Greek/Cyrillic alphabet.  Good luck with the Oriental/Asian languages.

:)  When I "learned" sign language, I was taught that one indicated either tomorrow (future tense for all verbs) or yesterday (past tense for all verbs).  It got the message across.  I am going (present tense) and tomorrow I am going (future tense) work well, but I still knew that yesterday I am going really meant I went.  :)

I've tried to learn sign language before.  I'm partially deaf (about 80% deaf in one ear and 10% in the other, which I suppose would be insulting to any truly deaf person to call myself deaf) so I've always thought that it would be good to at least know some sign language.  I've never been any good at it though.  I commend anyone who can use it proficiently.

I've tried to learn sign language before.  I'm partially deaf (about 80% deaf in one ear and 10% in the other, which I suppose would be insulting to any truly deaf person to call myself deaf) so I've always thought that it would be good to at least know some sign language.  I've never been any good at it though.  I commend anyone who can use it proficiently.

Learn the alphabet, nothing wrong with spelling out everything.  A true deaf person will watch your face, but keep a corner of their eye open to your hand spelling.  Say the word as you spell it.  They catch on VERY quickly and appreciate the effort you are putting into it.  When all else fails, paper and pencil will work, but it is far more tedious than spelling and/or picking up a few words here and there that make communication flow smoother.